We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurants in el gouna

wiltshire
Level Contributor
20 posts
17 reviews
restaurants in el gouna

Hello! Me and my boyfriend were thinking of trying el gouna for the first time this year, and I just wanted a little more info as to what el gouna is like.

With regards to restaurants, we really like to steer clear of typical British food abroad and try more local fare. Are most of the restaurants like this or are they very 'full english breakfast'? If you get what I mean!

Also, what kind of trips are on offer? Is el go una within distance of any of the archeological sites?

Thanks for your help!

Hurghada, Egypt
Level Contributor
867 posts
26 reviews
1. Re: restaurants in el gouna

Hi

El Gouna is not at all your "full English breakfast" type of place . Though you can get a good breakfast at a few places (including the elusive pork bacon in a predominantly Muslim country ) .

As for cuisines .I'll try to remember a few ..... .Indian, Chinese, Vietnamese, French ,Italian, Belgian, Lebanese ,Spanish, Mexican, Japanese (sushi), Moroccan, Thai ,gourmet burgers and of course Egyptian . Also many places with mixed standard menus and a couple of high end modern cuisine restaurants (Camel in chocolate sauce anyone ? ).

Look elsewhere (Hurghada) for McDonalds,KFC,Starbucks,Pizza Hut etc !

All in all too much choice for an average two week holiday . You can always come back though ;-)

For trips, both Luxor and Cairo are possible in day trips ,by road these are long days but well worth it . For me if only one trip is possible then Luxor should be your first choice ,Cairo and the pyramids as a second .

Regards

David

Leigh Gtr Mcr
Level Contributor
429 posts
340 reviews
2. Re: restaurants in el gouna

As David has said...........more restaurant varieties than you can shake a stick at!! Wonderful!!

Also a very good selection of trips available!!

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
13 reviews
3. Re: restaurants in el gouna

Yep go to El Gouna and eat anywhere without fear! I have been twice and my sister has been at least six times as she owns a place there and never had a bad meal. The quality of the beautiful restaurants is wonderful. We ate everywhere from having a £4 pizza at Jobos between us when we arrived pretty late in the evening to a meal at "Upstairs" which is real fine dining. I last went 3 months ago and enjoyed the Thai White Elephant, The Maritim in the marina and the Maroccan in the marina.We ate fillet mignon and giant prawns for around £10 at Maritim and the quality is fabulous. Please try El Gouna if you want somewhere special and that has that exclusive feeling. Also and completely unrelated, the sea is shallow, warm, clear and beautiful!

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
36 reviews
4. Re: restaurants in el gouna

Here is a good link about restaurants in El Gouna:

tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g297548-El_Gouna…

CHEERS

blackpool
Level Contributor
318 posts
56 reviews
5. Re: restaurants in el gouna

OMG , E lgouna has everything but English ( except for fabulous steaks ) and the eateries are a fraction of the price you would pay at home . Even the alinclusive hotels have a themed buffet every night , and they all take part in a dine around scheme . Have fun xx

Hurghada, Egypt
Level Contributor
867 posts
26 reviews
6. Re: restaurants in el gouna

What exactly is English ?

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
13 reviews
7. Re: restaurants in el gouna

You can get delicious fresh burgers and old favourites like spag bol (not English I know, but familiar )in many places. Also isnt there a fish and chip place now?

Blackburn, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
8. Re: restaurants in el gouna

There is a fish and chips place in Downtown. They also do steaks, they are really good. The shop is called Surf and Turf and is run by an English lady called Fiona. Well worth a visit no t posh but clean.

blackpool
Level Contributor
318 posts
56 reviews
9. Re: restaurants in el gouna

Hi THERE , is it just me , the post is about anything BUT E nglish food is it not ???

wiltshire
Level Contributor
20 posts
17 reviews
10. Re: restaurants in el gouna

Thank you for your help, have now booked a hol here! What I meant was I wondered if there were restaurants that didn't serve familiar food, but thank you to everyone for all your suggestions :-)

Get answers to your questions about El Gouna