We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sharm El Sheikh / Dahab or Taba?? + Cairo as well -HELP!

Melbourne
Level Contributor
39 posts
15 reviews
Sharm El Sheikh / Dahab or Taba?? + Cairo as well -HELP!

Hello fellow travellers!

Need some advice please! Departing from Greece in Aug and heading to Egypt. Not sure how to work itinerary.... some suggestions would be great -i reside in Australia and its very costly to book Egypt from here + travel agents will only suggest guided tours in Egypt due to safety but i hate guided tours!

I am in Egypt for 8 nights and depart from Cairo for home.

Should i fly into Sharm from Greece and then head back to Cairo OR should i fly into Cairo and then head to Sharm?? After reading some forums; it does sounds like best to fly into Sharm and then i can easily fly back to Cairo for my last few days. Is this easy to do?

Also, unsure of whether to stay in Sharm, Dahab or Taba. All look and sound amazing -am looking for 5 nights, gorgeous beach for relaxation and snorkelling, drinks by the beach and the ability to walk around at night and dine locally. If possible, any recommendations for a local market to visit also?

While in Cairo just really want to head to pyramids and market as well. (love markets!)

I will be on my honeymoon - Any replies are greatly appreciated

Dahab
Level Contributor
148 posts
23 reviews
1. Re: Sharm El Sheikh / Dahab or Taba?? + Cairo as well -HELP!

Hello,

You can fly from Athens to Cairo with www.Egyptair.com and then it is usually much cheaper to book a flight from Cairo to Sharm separately again with Egypt air but for some reason it seems to work out cheaper. There's 9 flights from Cairo to Sharm daily. This way you have to collect your bags in Cairo but will give you more flexibility of when to do the Cairo part of your trip.

Dahab has a lovely sandy beach in the Lagoon area and is more unspoiled. Its a very chilled place with great restaurants and very quiet reef's for snorkelling. The dining prices in Dahab tend to be much cheaper than Sharm too.

Sharm is a bit livelier - you have Pacha nightclub - and has great snorkelling. All your fast food restaurants are here eg McDonalds, KFC, Little Buddha, Hard rock cafe, TGI Fridays.

There's not a lot in Taba apart from the hotels. The Israeli border is quite close so you could pop over for the day.

I hope that helps,

Fiona

2. Re: Sharm El Sheikh / Dahab or Taba?? + Cairo as well -HELP!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 December 2010, 17:16
Get answers to your questions about Dahab