We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dahab tap water

essex
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
Dahab tap water

I have read on other sites, that the tap water at the hotels and restaurants in Dahab is salt water.

Is this the case?

Dahab
Level Contributor
148 posts
23 reviews
1. Re: Dahab tap water

Hello,

The water is desalinated sea water, so it does still have a salt content. Most hotels have what they call 'sweet water' and you wouldn't really notice any salt, but in Masbat and Assalah the water is generally salty unless they bring in 'sweet water' by truck.

All the water is undrinkable, so you have to buy bottled water to drink.

Where are you staying?

Hope that helps

Fiona

essex
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Dahab tap water

Thank you!

Im staying at the ibrotel,

I was wondering how salty it would be , but that has cleared a few things up.

I wouldnt fancy showering every day in really salty water!

Can't wait to go tho!!!

London
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Dahab tap water

The water is brackish. I got some of it in my mouth in the shower and it tastes salty. I've been back for over a week and my skin is still recovering from having to bathe in salty water for a week. It's still peeling. I wish i would have found that out before i went.

Ebbw Vale, United...
Destination Expert
for Santa Eulalia del Rio, Ibiza
Level Contributor
2,310 posts
163 reviews
4. Re: Dahab tap water

In the Iberotel there will be bottled water in your room. Just take them to any of the bars or dinning room to have them refilled.

Phil

Scotland
Level Contributor
624 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Dahab tap water

I think you get what you pay for. My friends' shower at the Hilton was pristine compared to what I was using at my £2 a night camp with communal showers. As a result they had to bang on the door to get me to come out of there and go to dinner. Complimentary soap and shampoo, too. Oh, how the real people live!

Scotland
Level Contributor
624 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: Dahab tap water

The water quality was pristine, that is. My place has water that is barely diluted Red Sea.

essex
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
7. Re: Dahab tap water

Came back last week and had a great time, water was fine

and plenty of filtered water availabe at Ibrotel, including for ice!

8. Re: Dahab tap water

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 November 2010, 16:17
Get answers to your questions about Dahab
Recent Conversations