We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manta in April

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Manta in April

hi all, lucky enuf to be invited to visit a friend in Manta next April - heading out from Toronto - for 2 2 weeks! I have housing, but will want to help with groceries, dinners out, don't need to do tours, want to spend my time on the beach and playing poker!...lol. any ideas about the amount of spending money I should take?

Mentioned in this post
Manta
Manta
Manabi Province, Ecuador
Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
11,007 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manta in April

Withdraw money from ATMs so you don't have to spend time exchanging your Canadian dollars to U.S. dollars and back again. You can bring a few US$ to tide you over 'til you get to an ATM; the smallest bills you can find would be most useful.

Calgary
Level Contributor
251 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manta in April

I live in Manta and spend on grocery for two about $100.00 per week and going out about the same, of course, depends on what you like having lunch/ dinner from 2.5 to 20 dollars.

I would say bring about few hundreds dollars and notify your bank that you will be in Ecuador in case you want withdraw money, I did not previous time here when I still visited and it was no problem to withdraw money , but it could happen

Mentioned in this post
Manta
Manta
Manabi Province, Ecuador
Ecuador
Ecuador
South America
Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Manta in April

thanks Eva from Calgary! that is more than doable for my budget - always helps to have a little back at home in case of emergencies. Would you be able to tell me what kind or touristy gifts they have there - I have 2 young grand-daughters who love little souvenirs when I get back from my travels - they are 5 and 8. Thanks!

Calgary
Level Contributor
251 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Manta in April

You can buy them all sorts of colorful local braclets and necklaces, things little girls like for sure. There is little markets or simply beach vendors selling them.

5. Re: Manta in April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2017, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Manta