We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tame Airlines...nice service and didnt cancel flights

Midlothian, Texas
Level Contributor
11 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Tame Airlines...nice service and didnt cancel flights

Another "adventure"? Quito to Manta...flights

AeroGal..canceled 2 flights and then couldnt say if the next flight...at 7:15 the next morning was even going to fly.

Booked the flights with Tame...was 42.00 less and neither were canceled and actually took off and arrived on time.

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
11,217 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tame Airlines...nice service and didnt cancel flights

TAME is usually pretty good, in my opinion, and of course it serves places AeroGal and LAN won't touch. Certainly better than the now-defunct Ícaro. Did you book online, or in country? Their Web site has been extremely useless for months and I hope they've gotten all the bugs worked out.

Midlothian, Texas
Level Contributor
11 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tame Airlines...nice service and didnt cancel flights

Hi there and yes, we booked in country. I'd like to get our fares back from AeroGal....which canceled and then couldn't even tell us if the next days flights would even take off. Considering we were on a fairly tight time line to get back to the states...it was pretty hectic...and the responses from AeroGal were less than helpful...I'd even go so far as to say they were pretty much "oh well".

YVR
Level Contributor
60 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tame Airlines...nice service and didnt cancel flights

We're also planning to use Tame, and your review was timely, and encouraging!

Did you go to the airport to book your flights, or is there another option once you are in country?

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
11,217 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tame Airlines...nice service and didnt cancel flights

TAME has several offices around town. The one I used was on 6 de Diciembre, I think near the Orellana EcoVia stop.

Midlothian, Texas
Level Contributor
11 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tame Airlines...nice service and didnt cancel flights

We booked at the airport in Quito and then the return flight at their office in Manta.

The generally check bags about 1 hour before the flight....

and one other thing... the smaller airports; dont fret if the airport is basically a ghost town if you get there early. Something we noticed is that there are generally a policeman or two up until about a hour - hour and a half before the flight is scheduled to take off.

Safe & Happy Travels

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
11,217 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tame Airlines...nice service and didnt cancel flights

And another thing about small or rural airports--if you're a birder, the birding around them is often quite good, and a fun way to kill time!

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
8 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tame Airlines...nice service and didnt cancel flights

Great advice guys. I think I will buy online from UIO-MEC..

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
8 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tame Airlines...nice service and didnt cancel flights

Update! I flew Aerogal and saved $25 and didn't weigh my carry-on. I ran into a girl in UIO from ATL who was visiting her mother in MEC (Manta) and told me yes TAME is more frequent but they are restrictive especially on backpackers. They will weigh and check size and charge accordingly. She's flys this route 4x year and says she has no problem. I did it on AeroGal's A319 with plenty of room with hot towel treatment and free danish on a 45 MIN flight. Definitely not Southwest. Just be prepared to board from tarmac. Note: the new UIO airport will open 2/20/13 so this boarding process should change.

Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
2,632 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tame Airlines...nice service and didnt cancel flights

My flight with Tame was both times ontime and the service was good

Nampa, ID
Level Contributor
28 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tame Airlines...nice service and didnt cancel flights

So, how much did you pay for flights between Manta and Quito? Am planning a trip there soon. Thanks for the info.

Get answers to your questions about Manta