We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Quito to Manta

County Cork, Ireland
1 post
Bus from Quito to Manta

My friend and I (2 females) are looking to travel between Quito and Manta in June. We looked at flights which come to €126 each return and take 50 mins, and the bus which is just €11 each but takes 5-7 hours (We are not in any rush). Does anyone know whether the bus is safe and worth the time? Which would you think is better?

Thank you!

2 replies to this topic
Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
11,407 posts
101 reviews
1. Re: Bus from Quito to Manta

Personally, I would fly (and have done this route several times) and spend the time doing something fun. If you watch TAME you could probably find an even better promotional fare (though what you've got is pretty good). An alternative is to bus one way, and fly the other. The buses are reasonably safe though for the inexperienced can seem pretty hairy, particularly in the mountains. Avoid night buses.

Edited: 26 April 2017, 07:14
Queen Creek, Arizona
Level Contributor
1 post
89 reviews
2. Re: Bus from Quito to Manta

I took the bus from manta to Quito. They are safe and comfortable. They take longer than you said and have a meal stop half way. Most people say the overnight bus is better and probably quieter and quicker.

Reply to: Bus from Quito to Manta
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Manta