We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Mali Losinj

Save Topic
Getting to Mali Losinj

Trying to decide on best option to get from Kreszthely to ML tomorrow. Looks like we will be taking a train to Zagreb no matter what, but then after there are three options.

It looks like the ferry from Rijeka to ML goes once a day at 14:30, so we would either stay in Zagreb and take the early train there, or go all the way tomorrow and sleep in Rijeka. Option three is sleep in Zagreb and take the Auotrans bus.

So, am I missing any other options? And if not, which of those three would you suggest? Thanks in advance!

Mentioned in this post
Zagreb
Zagreb
Central Croatia, Croatia
Rijeka
Rijeka
Primorje-Gorski Kotar County, Croatia
5 replies to this topic
Virginia
Level Contributor
4,031 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Mali Losinj

It's a long bit of travel, so I suggest breaking it up.

I assume you are talking about the catamaran out of Rijeka operated by Krilo, and I think the bus is better because the scenery is nice, and the bus operated by Autotrans takes a short ferry where you can go outside, unlike on the catamaran.

Use the bus website to see where the bus stops. If you are not interested in Rijeka, you could stay in one of the other towns along the bus line and pick it up there--breaking up the travel over 2 days. So, Zagreb to your chosen town, spend a pleasant night, walk the lungomare, etc.. Next day, hop on the bus for a pleasant ride to ML.

We chose Opatija one way and Lovran the other--beats spending all day in transit!

Mentioned in this post
Rijeka
Rijeka
Zagreb
Zagreb
Central Croatia, Croatia
Lovran
Lovran
Istria, Croatia
Perth WA
Level Contributor
42 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Mali Losinj

How fo get from Zadar to Mali Losinj. There is a ferry on the Friday but unfortunately we have to vacate our accommodation on the Thursday. Our accommodation is neither refundable and dates can't be changed

Mentioned in this post
Zadar
Zadar
Zadar County, Croatia
Mali Losinj
Mali Losinj
Losinj Island, Croatia
Durham
Level Contributor
5,575 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to Mali Losinj

On Thursdays you'd have to get a bus to Rijeka and catamaran or bus to Mali Losinj.

Mentioned in this post
Rijeka
Rijeka
Mali Losinj
Mali Losinj
Losinj Island, Croatia
Perth WA
Level Contributor
42 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to Mali Losinj

Thanks

Perth WA
Level Contributor
42 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting to Mali Losinj

Thank you we had worked that one out but was looking for an easier way. I have just received an email from our accommodation offering us an extra night so problem solved. Thanks again

Reply to: Getting to Mali Losinj
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Mali Losinj