We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pula to Mali Losing transfer?

London, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
Pula to Mali Losing transfer?

Planning a mid september trip to Mali Losinj. Flying into Pula on a Saturday. Last time we went a coach transfer was included. I'm struggling to find transfer that isn't costing a small fortune. How bad is the drive (considering renting a car). Will we get on the ferry in Brestova to Porozina without an issue? How many cars can fit? ( I remember the coach passing a huge line of cars waiting to get on the ferry.) I wish there was a fast ferry available on our dates but the times just don't work.

Any other suggestions?

Mentioned in this post
Mali Losinj
Mali Losinj
Losinj Island, Croatia
Pula
Pula
Istria, Croatia
4 replies to this topic
Durham
Level Contributor
5,575 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pula to Mali Losing transfer?

Renting a car is a good idea as, apart from the catamaran twice a week, you would have to go via Rijeka on public transport. Mid September is after peak season so there should not be very long queues at the ferry.

Mentioned in this post
Rijeka
Rijeka
Primorje-Gorski Kotar County, Croatia
Virginia
Level Contributor
4,025 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pula to Mali Losing transfer?

Ditto--while we stayed on the island without a car, we would have preferred to have one.

Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Split, Cavtat, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Sarajevo, Mostar, Zagreb
Level Contributor
6,376 posts
464 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pula to Mali Losing transfer?

You do have a catamaran (pedestrian passenger only ferry)

https://www.visitlosinj.hr/katamaran-pula-un…

London, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pula to Mali Losing transfer?

We are currently in Losinj and we got a cab and the ferry here. It took ages and the roads on the island are miles of cliff edge driving. I’m a competent driver and I wouldn’t fancy driving. I had to tell the taxi driver to slow down as was racing round them. It all costs over 200 euros and took 3-4 hours from pula airport to our hotel. We are going back using the plane service operated by Silver Air as it’s the same price but just 20 minutes. No cheap way unless you drive but will take you a long time (you will be driving slow due to the cliff edge roads).

Mentioned in this post
Losinj Island
Losinj Island
Kvarner Bay Islands, Croatia
Reply to: Pula to Mali Losing transfer?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Mali Losinj