We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suzhou Day Trip

Greater London...
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Suzhou Day Trip

Hi, I am staying in Shanghai for a few days and have planned day trips to Suzhou, Hangzhou, and zhujiajiao. I will be taking a high speed train from Shanghai to Suzhou. I have 2 kids, 8 and 11 and wanted to know what's possible in a day.

My Must See:

Humble Administrator's Garden.

Pingjiang Road.

What else to include in my one day itenerary?

Lion Grove Gardens

Master of the Nets Garden

Lingering Garden

Tiger Hill

Panmen (Pan Gate)

I got other suggestions that Tiger Hill and Panmen (Pan Gate) are a must. I am so confused on how or what to plan. I don't want to do just gardens which will become boring. I want a mix of different types of attractions. Here's what I am thinking:

Take the high speed train from Shanghai around 8AM to Suzhou Main Train Station. Take the Tourist bus Y1 from the main station to Suzhou Museum stop. Walk to Humble Administrator's Garden.

1. Humble Administrator's Garden

Spend 2 hours at the Suzhou Garden Museum and Humble Administrator's Garden.

2: Lion Grove Gardens

Walk to Lion Grove Gardens as it's about 10 mins away from Humble Administrator's Garden and spend about an hour (There have been reviews that if you've visited Humble Administrator's Garden, one should skip this).

3. Pingjiang Road

Walk along Pingjiang Road along the canal and have lunch in one of the local restaurants.

4. Panmen (Pan Gate)

Visit the Wumen Bridge and Pagodas and the old walls.

5. Tiger Hill

Stroll along in the gardens until time permits

Would all of this be possible? Most of the gardens close by 17:30. What should i cut down or include from the above itenerary? Any advice?

2 replies to this topic
Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
1 post
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suzhou Day Trip

Probably way too late for you but you can easily get to either of the gardens from the Suzhou train station in about 30 minutes walking or by taxi. Try to take your train from the main station in Shanghai —it seems relatively easy to pick up tickets at the international window there. Ticket pick up is in a separate building to the right of the main station. I think kids will like the Lion Grove Garden, the HA garden is so crowded it may not be enjoyable. The pagodas are fun to visit, but the shopping street is a shopping street. It did not seem tremendously kid friendly although it does have lots of food.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Suzhou Day Trip

There is a ton you can do in Suzhou even if its just a day trip. Here are some of the top attractions that you can visit while you are there.

https:/…top-10-attractions-suzhou-china

Hope you have a great trip!

-Alexas

Reply to: Suzhou Day Trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted