We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suzhou and Tongli

Singapore
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Topic
Suzhou and Tongli

I will be arriving in Suzhou between 1600 to 1800 on a Sunday evening from Shanghai Pudong. Intending to rent a private car and driver.

Wondering if it would make sense to do Master of the Net, Lingering Garden, Humble Administrator, Panmen Pingjiang Road and Tongli in two days. Or are these places too similar and I should drop some

Is it possible to do the following:

Sun evening: Master of the Net evening (Is there a fixed timing to enter the garden for the show to start or I can go in at any time? Any need to make advance booking? )

Mon: Lingering Garden + Ping Jiang Road + Humble Administrator + Panmen (free entry from Pan Pacific where I am staying) Are there any other attractions I should squeeze in especially for the evenings when the major attractions are closed

Tues: Tongli and then drive to Hangzhou for the evening and next part of our trip. Or shall I move part of the Mon itinerary for Suzhou here?

Many thanks in advance for your help

Mentioned in this post
Suzhou
Suzhou
Jiangsu, China
Shanghai
Shanghai
Shanghai Region, China
The Lingering Garden
The Lingering Garden
717 Reviews
Suzhou, China
Pingjiang Road
Pingjiang Road
853 Reviews
Suzhou, China
Pan Pacific Suzhou
Pan Pacific Suzhou
1,146 Reviews
Suzhou, China
2 replies to this topic
Greater London...
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suzhou and Tongli

I am looking at a similar itenerary and am confused on what to squeeze in a day. I have also posted another question for a day trip to Suzhou. I have set aside 2 days for hangzhou and am skipping Tongli. Alternatively, i might do only 1 day in hangzhou and instead to zhujiajiao.

Here's the link to my post: https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297…

Mentioned in this post
Suzhou
Suzhou
Jiangsu, China
Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
3 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suzhou and Tongli

I don't know if you have already traveled, but to anyone seeing this, I would recommend one day for Suzhou including a couple of hours at Tongli and one day at Hangzhou to walk around West Lake. Traveling from Suzhou to hangzhou takes less than two hours by train. The train route stops at Shanghai's HongQiao Station.

Mentioned in this post
Suzhou
Suzhou
Jiangsu, China
Hangzhou
Hangzhou
Zhejiang, China
Reply to: Suzhou and Tongli
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Suzhou