We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hong Kong airport Shenzen transport

Warsaw, Poland
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Hong Kong airport Shenzen transport

Hello guys,

Next week I’m traveling to Shenzen but my flight is to Hong Kong. From airport there I have to get to Luohu Shangri-La hotel, and I don’t know what kind of Transport should I use if I want my trip to be cheap - time is not a problem, the only thing is I will have big luggage with my so I’m not sure about using subway. Could you please give me some advice and if you know +\- prices of the tickets?

2 replies to this topic
Shenzhen, China
Level Contributor
1,067 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hong Kong airport Shenzen transport

As that hotel is only a short walk from the Lo Wu/Luohu crossing point, I think it would be the best way to go. The route is:

Follow the signs to the city bus terminal and ride the A43 or A43P to Sheung Shui MTR station. There are luggage racks at floor level.

At Sheung Shui there is a ramp up into the station, buy a ticket and ride the metro one station to Lo Wu.

Exit HK and enter China. When you emerge into the open air you will see that hotel directly in front of you, maybe 300m away.

You can get HK$ and RMB cash from ATMs in the airport. If you only have HK$ 100 notes, then buy a bottle of water from 7/11 because the bus gives no change. The combined cost of the bus and MTR is about HK$60

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
38 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hong Kong airport Shenzen transport

We have used this method several times and find it cheap and not too difficult. The Shangrila is within walking distance of the LoHu border crossing

1) Hong Kong Airport To Shenzhen By Public Bus And MTR (Metro)

The cheapest way to go from Hong Kong Airport to Shenzhen is to travel completely by public bus and MTR (called the Metro in Shenzhen). After arriving in Hong Kong International Airport, exit through B Exit after clearing customs. You will then arrive at the Arrival Hall B. Keep walking forward and exit through the ramp. Turn right after exiting the building and you will see the airport public bus terminal.

Board public bus route number A43 (To Fanling) which operates by Long Win from 7:00 am to midnight. The fare will be HKD $30.90 and you do need to prepare exact change if you don’t have a MTR Octopus Card. Take this bus to Sheung Shui bus stop. The duration is about 1 hour long not including any waiting time for the bus. You will then walk to the Sheung Shui MTR station which is only a few metres away from the bus stop. Board the MTR towards Lo Wu Station, which is the next stop. The duration is about 10 minutes not including any waiting time. The fare is about HKD $20.

After getting to Lo Wu Station, you will need to get off and walk to the Hong Kong Immigration building. Once cleared Hong Kong Immigrations, you will then walk to the China Immigrations building. Depending on the time of day you are travelling, this process may take anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour. Many travellers use the Lo Wu checkpoint to enter China so it can be extremely crowded and queues can be very long during peak hours. Also note that there are lots of walking involved. You will also need proper China Visitor Visa to clear China Immigrations.

Once you have cleared China Immigration and Customs, you can then walk to the Shenzhen Metro Luohu Station that is nearby. You can find it by following the signs. By using the Shenzhen Metro, you can reach almost anywhere in Shenzhen if you know which station to go to. Provided that you don’t mind a bit of walking and asking for directions. It is a very big system with many different lines and interchanges. You should do more research on which station that is closest to your destination in Shenzhen before your trip. Click here for a map of the Shenzhen Metro system.

Very low cost. The Shenzhen Metro is very affordable. You will get to your destination in Shenzhen from Hong Kong Airport using this method with under HKD $100.

This takes the longest time. Depending on the time of day of your travel, you may spend a long time at the immigration borders of each side. The public bus ride takes roughly 1 hour already. Also, Lo Wu isn’t the closest border to China from Hong Kong Airport so you are travelling a longer distance than other transportation methods.

Very inconvenient. You will have to get off and on multiple times, stop at all bus and Metro stops along the way, and walk with your luggage through crowded areas of Lo Wu border.

You will need to do some research before using the Shenzhen Metro. Otherwise you will waste a lot of time getting off the wrong station or getting on the wrong line.

Reply to: Hong Kong airport Shenzen transport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted