We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

China hotel (Marriott in Guangzhou) to HK Disney

Franklin, Tennessee
2 posts
2 reviews
China hotel (Marriott in Guangzhou) to HK Disney

My wife, our 10 year old, and myself are trying to figure out the best way to travel from the China Hotel in Guangzhou (and luggage) to Hong Kong Disney. There seems to be a bunch of options: private cars (expensive), Buses, Trains, Ferry, etc. Can anyone advise as to what the best options are from your experiences for a family of three? Least hassle (fewer transfers) would be the best option for us.

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
24,748 posts
49 reviews
17 helpful votes
1. Re: China hotel (Marriott in Guangzhou) to HK Disney

Least hassle (fewer transfers) would be the best option for us.

--------

In that case, then private car transport would be your best option. It's expensive, but certainly the fewest transfers.

Mac
Hillsborough...
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
15,017 posts
62 reviews
68 helpful votes
2. Re: China hotel (Marriott in Guangzhou) to HK Disney

Private limo or bus. We’ve done all ways and stayed in same Marriott hotel.

Bus is right in front of China Hotel, bellboys will handle luggage for you. Ask concierge which bus to take, they are knowledgeable. Cheapest and straightforward.

Private limo costs a few hundreds US$, we did it many times both ways, about US$350-$400, as business expense, it is nothing. Relatively speaking, 1-2 nights hotel cost, or same as air tickets. It takes you to destination nonstop in comfort.

Forget train or ferry. Ask hotel concierge, not here.

Franklin, Tennessee
2 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: China hotel (Marriott in Guangzhou) to HK Disney

Thanks, I saw a bus schedule that runs to Hong Kong Disney from the China Hotel, but only in the mornings. Have you taken the bus later in the day (might require more transfers)? Also, is there a reason you dismissed train travel?

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
24,748 posts
49 reviews
17 helpful votes
4. Re: China hotel (Marriott in Guangzhou) to HK Disney

You said:

Least hassle (fewer transfers) would be the best option for us.

Thus train option is dismissed because according to your own criteria, train requires multiple transfers.

Mac
Hillsborough...
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
15,017 posts
62 reviews
68 helpful votes
5. Re: China hotel (Marriott in Guangzhou) to HK Disney

Great, you know the bus and already have the answer. I still suggest you talk to hotel concierge, only they have the right answers which count, they can help and buy the tickets for you.

Bus station is 30 seconds from hotel front door, walk over to ask. You can’t miss it, it is right in front of your face.

Train or ferry, long story, you don’t need to know. Maybe someone else can give you the long explanations.

It is very very simple and cheap, millions take the buses there, don’t make it too complicated. Have fun.

Mac
Hillsborough...
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
15,017 posts
62 reviews
68 helpful votes
6. Re: China hotel (Marriott in Guangzhou) to HK Disney

China Hotel as a Marriott Hotel has top notch services, I stayed there many times, the concierge is very good and helpful.

California
Level Contributor
2,980 posts
19 reviews
11 helpful votes
7. Re: China hotel (Marriott in Guangzhou) to HK Disney

The "Through Train" from Guangzhou East to Hung Hom station in kowloon would be an option, but you'd have to take a taxi from the hotel to the station (luggage would be a hassle using the metro), then in Kowloon a taxi to your hotel. You do China exit immigration at the station in Guangzhou, and entry immigration to Hong Kong in Kowloon, so the border transfer is fairly quick and easy, at least the few times I've take the Through Train.

In my opinion, taking a regular train with a lot of luggage would be too much trouble, when doing the border crossing and then taking the MTR to Hung Hom. Private car/limo would be the least hassle, but with the bus, I believe you need to exit the bus with your luggage, do the exit/entry immigration at the border crossing, and then continue on in a different bus, so not exactly hassle free either as implied above.

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
24,748 posts
49 reviews
17 helpful votes
8. Re: China hotel (Marriott in Guangzhou) to HK Disney

Thus, with the least hassle, dual plate cross border limo, as I suggested.

9. Re: China hotel (Marriott in Guangzhou) to HK Disney

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2019, 16:16
Get answers to your questions about Guangdong