We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels in Douala

Hyderabad, India
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotels in Douala

Hello everyone,

I am coming to Douala on a business trip in next for a week days. Where is the best place to stay in Douala. Something close to Indian restaurants.

Also, is it safe travelling in taxis? Any tips and advises are appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Deepak

3 replies to this topic
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels in Douala

hi well i think a really good hotel is Hotel Bano palace, they have a very good menu and also is a really safe area. You can always use the taxis to go around but be cautious about letting people too close and getting touchy.

Hope you enjoy your stay.

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
7,917 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels in Douala

I was staying at Somatel hotel, it was good hotel. We used to go by taxi and there were it safe, no problems. But no have idea where it can be some Indian restaurant.

And, why to eat Indian meal when you would taste African meal which is good and interesting also?

Teaneck, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels in Douala

We stayed at Hotel Residence La Falaise in the Akwa section, on Blvd de la Liberte near the Catholic Cathedral. It has small suites, we paid around $100 for 2 people. We found the taxis fine and easy to use in Douala -- there were plenty driving past when we needed them. www.residencelafalaise.net

Reply to: Hotels in Douala
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Douala
Recent Conversations