We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Better alone than using not trustable local tour operators

italy
Level Contributor
9 posts
486 reviews
Save Topic
Better alone than using not trustable local tour operators

I would like to spread my experience of a fantastic tour in a not so difficult country like Cameroon with all difficulties caused by an unprofessional, not serious local tour operator, AfroTours of Douala. Avoid them (I could tell a lot of stories about this experience) but also it is my impression that the choice of a tour operator is something, in this case and in this country, not to do only through few suggestions on the web but with a solid set of references.

Wanting for example just have a smooth taste of the country and aiming to see something without problems it is better to organize everything once there, eventually with the help of references given by hotel of international standard or someone well known - like expats and people living there.

Don't pay nothing in advance !

16 replies to this topic
United States
Level Contributor
13 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Better alone than using not trustable local tour operators

The site Global Bush Travel and Tourism Agency is HACKED all year but have being adjusted recently

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,512 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Better alone than using not trustable local tour operators

Nice, thanks, nice website it is now, I hope useful too :) even if I not go yet to Camerron maybe first in the end of this year.

Lower Mainland, BC
Level Contributor
9 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Better alone than using not trustable local tour operators

I just came back from a tour to Cameroon. I highly recommend Cameroun Horizon. Email: info@camerounhorizon.com

They provided me with an excellent guides for both the Ring Road and the Far North part. The owner of the company is a Belgium woman who has lived in Cameroon for over 15 years. Very well organized and I had no problems whatsoever on my trip. Her website is being updated and is currently unavailable but do email the company directly for tours and further information.

DOUALA
1 post
Save Reply
14. Re: Better alone than using not trustable local tour operators

Good day to all.

I`m writing from the United states and i`m the Managing Director of Afro Tours Cameroon. Tommaso is a bloody liar, he went to Cameroon and and did not respect the terms and conditions of his contract between him and the tour operator and was expected to be treated in a different way of which we did. He payed for a 3 star hotels but when he arrived Cameroon he wanted to be lodged in a 4 star hotel knowing fully well that it doesn`t work that way. We did everything possible for him to be happy but since he wanted a preferential treatment of which he didn`t pay for, he now writes to complain and tanish the image of my company which is operating for more than 15 years today without any complains. We have served people who have come back to Cameroon even 3 times just because they were well treated. Groups from Russia,Australlia, Japan ,China and Taiwan.

Tommaso an old Italian who did not have money wanted services of which he did not pay for. Why are you the only one complaining because you had crucket ideas from italy but the ideas didn`t work out in Cameroon.

Ngwansha

Dallas, Oregon
1 post
Save Reply
15. Re: Better alone than using not trustable local tour operators

Dear Dany,

If you have already paid in money to Afro Tours go ahead don`t be scared because i just came back from Cameroon. I went there for a 18days vacation and went to almost all the regions except south and Central region.

This tour operator provided all the services i paid for and we didn`t have any queries. There are some tourists that never want to respect the terms and conditions of their contracts.

Thanks

Peter A

italy
Level Contributor
9 posts
486 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Better alone than using not trustable local tour operators

I jsut would like to say: in many years of travel i never met a similar false and untrustable, unprofessional tour operator. If someone started to receive acceptable services it means that Mr. Patrick has decided to improve his skills.

In any case Icould also inolve witnesses that had seen the surreal behaviour of this tour operator at that time.

But i have any further interest to insist. You can trust me or not. It is right to make experience, i repeat, sometimes also the dirty things could become gold

Let just me say I never will suggest to a. friend of mine to take this risk.

Good luck to everybody and give a look to my usual well balanced reviews on Trip Advisor (normally fully appreciated) to have an idea if the patetic accuses of Mr. Patrick reflect the reality.

Reply to: Better alone than using not trustable local tour operators
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Douala
Recent Conversations