We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary Advice

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
755 posts
17 reviews
Itinerary Advice

Am arriving in Siem Reap at 12:00 after traveling for 30 hours (3 flights). Will be in Siem Reap day of arrival, next full day & am leaving the day after that at 18:30 hours. Here is what I am thinking of doing;

Day 1 Afternoon

Would like to see sunset at Phnom Bakheng but don't know what else do to do that day.

Day 2 Full Day

5 am go to sunrise at Angkor Wat stay till around 8 am. Back to hotel to have breakfast. Start again around 11 am going to visit Ta Prohm. Lunch at local restaurant nearby. Afternoon visit Bantey Srei and South Gate of Angkor Thom, Central of Angkor Thom, Bayon, Baphoun, Celestial Temple of Phimeanakas, Elephant and Leper King Terraces.

Day 3 Half Day

8:30 am go to visit Beng Mealea, back to hotel by 11:30 am. rest of day relax and go to old market. Should I include Bantey Srei on this day or is it to much to do both of these spots on the same day with the time I have available. Is Bantey Srei a must see? Could go to old market afternoon of 1st day.

Anything I should see that I am missing with the limited time I have available?

Thanks

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,137 posts
92 reviews
1. Re: Itinerary Advice

You will most likely be totally exhausted after that flight, I would not plan on doing ANYTHING upon your arrival. Relax and have cocktails, take a nap and if you have the energy, walk around town. See the old market this day.

Phnom Bakheng is a total ZOO for the sunset, that last time I was there (2009) the pushing and constantly yapping crowd entirely ruined it for me. Skip the sunset and do the sunrise the next day instead.

On day 2-

Bring breakfast with you and eat en route. (Most hotels will be able to prepare a sack breakfast for you) You will waste what little valuale time you have by heading back into town. See all the temples on yoru list whcih are a combination of some inthe small circuit & the grand circuit. A tuk-tuk would be suitable for this route as you won't be covering great distances.

On day 3-

Save this day for Banteay Srie and Beng Mealea. Get up at the crack of dawn & head to Banteay Srie and then Beng Mealea. Definitley do not miss Banteay Srie, amazing elaborate carvings on this temple. Hire a car for this day as it is quite a ways off to these places.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
755 posts
17 reviews
2. Re: Itinerary Advice

How much time should we allow to go to/from Bantey Srei & how much time to see it. Am thinking if not too tired could do this on the first day. If I save Bantey Srei for the 3rd day, how much time should we allow for both Bantey Srei & Beng Mealea? If I did these on the third day I assume Bantey Srei would be first to avoid later crowds.

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,137 posts
92 reviews
3. Re: Itinerary Advice

I would not recommend doing that after a full day of sightseeing. (I think there is also no way you will have the time!) Also, you would have to switch transport (tuk-tuk to car) = much more money. You will need a total of about 3~4 hours max if you get up early and do that on your last half day. Easily done in a half day trip.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
755 posts
17 reviews
4. Re: Itinerary Advice

By first day I mean arrival day

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,137 posts
92 reviews
5. Re: Itinerary Advice

See my post #1 re:your arrival day. You will most likely be dead tired. Use that day to relax, and see the market(s).

6. Re: Itinerary Advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2014, 14:18