We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

siem reap - pataya thailand

europe
Level Contributor
190 posts
siem reap - pataya thailand

hi everyone

the big count down has started only 27 days to go

i will arrive in bkk, first, then the non stop bus too

siem reap after 2 days in bkk

im staying 1 week in siem reap

then im off to pataya to meet freinds

the BIG question is

1. do i go back the way i came, via bkk then down to pataya

or

2 go direct to pataya from siem reap

and if so how?????

is there a bus or other means of travel

thankyou agaian eevryone on TA

paperboy

europe
Level Contributor
190 posts
1. Re: siem reap - pataya thailand

nobody know??????

please

Humboldt, Iowa
Level Contributor
41 posts
8 reviews
2. Re: siem reap - pataya thailand

can take a taxi from poipet/aranyapathet border for about 2000 baht, or 75 dollars.

you can take a long series of local buses from poipet to pattaya, I am not sure about the connections, not sure if it can be done in one day.

there is a good chance that you will find either a mini bus or a gambling bus from the border to pattaya midday, for about 300 to 400 baht.

you can take a minibus to Bangkok victory monument for about 230 baht, skytrain to ekamai station and a bus to pattaya, all in one day easily, total about 400 baht.

Stafford, England...
Level Contributor
36 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: siem reap - pataya thailand

You could take the train from the border (Aranyapathet) to Hualamphong which is near Ekamai bus St (the one with connect to Pattaya)

www.seat61.com/Thailand.htm#Aranyaprathet

There are larger buses to Bangkok but get the one to Ekamai not Mochit. times can be found on google.

http://www.thaiticket.de/

Italy
Level Contributor
39,684 posts
233 reviews
4. Re: siem reap - pataya thailand

I think the easiest option would be to return to Bangkok, then get the bus to pattaya from there.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,684 posts
233 reviews
5. Re: siem reap - pataya thailand

I'm thinking you're probably booking return flights to Bangkok because they're cheaper but I would check out the price of flying into Phnom Penh or siem Reap then returning from Bangkok, it would save backtracking.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,684 posts
233 reviews
6. Re: siem reap - pataya thailand

Forgot to add the link to the matrix fare comparison website to check out flight combinations.

http://matrix.itasoftware.com

europe
Level Contributor
190 posts
7. Re: siem reap - pataya thailand

thankyou everyone

i think i will get the direct bus back to bkk then bus down to pataya

looks easy and less stresful lol

thanks again

8. Re: siem reap - pataya thailand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2014, 14:17