We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guides

perth
3 posts
Guides

Hello we will be in Siem Reap in November and would like to see as much as we can in the short time we are there and would like a guide to show us around can anyone recommend a good one

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
19,749 posts
84 reviews
1. Re: Guides

dot point 2 in the top questions (upper right of this screen) will take you to a huge list of guides (and another for drivers should you wish to go sans guide)

or you can ask your hotel to organise this for you

it is also quite OK (and many prefer) to visit the temples without a guide - and you certainly dont need one for exploring the town

Metro Manila...
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
20,197 posts
254 reviews
2. Re: Guides

You would really appreciate more the countless stories and history about those temples if you have a guide otherwise they could be all just pile of rocks if you know nothing about them.

Siem Reap, Cambodia
Level Contributor
4 posts
32 reviews
3. Re: Guides

Visit Beyond Unique Escapes, they have excellent guides, both full time and freelance. Also some great small group join in tours which might also be a good option.

Goodluck and enjoy!

North Queensland
Level Contributor
2,329 posts
80 reviews
4. Re: Guides

I have a great guide but never put his info over the website in case people think I am touting for him, but if you are interested send me a PM and I will give you his details

Italy
Level Contributor
39,684 posts
235 reviews
5. Re: Guides

All the hotels have a list of guides and so do the Tuk Tuk drivers so I would wait until you arrive so that you can talk to him first and arrange an itinerary.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,684 posts
235 reviews
6. Re: Guides

Just to add the tuk tuk drivers don't have a list they all have an English speaking guide that they pair up with.

7. Re: Guides

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 May 2014, 15:18