We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Siem Reap to Bangkok Direct Bus

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Siem Reap to Bangkok Direct Bus

There are a few blog posts about the new direct bus from Bangkok to Siem Reap including …wordpress.com/tag/bus-bangkok-to-siem-reap/ and …wordpress.com/2013/… but not a lot of info going the other way.

To use this bus service from Siem Reap to Bangkok, you can buy tickets in advance from the departure point of the Nattakarn office a couple of shops north of the KFC on Sivatha Rd. Cost is $28. They indicate they can pick up from your hotel but my driver didn't show up so I took a tuk-tuk for a $1. Departure time is 8am. When I used it, Apr 2013, the bus was less than half full. It took 2 1/2 hrs to get to the border, where we had to exit and clear Cambodian customs on foot (head for the blue departures sign). We rejoined the bus which took us to the Thai customs side where we had to grab our luggage. We bypassed the outside queue and were led to the inside queue saving a couple of hours though it took about an hour to clear everybody on the bus since there were only 2 officials inside processing passports. Exiting the building, we had to get our luggage x-rayed and then met up with the bus on the other side. Had quick stop at the bus terminal to pick up more passengers and then served a light meal. Four hours later, we were at Northern Bus Terminal arriving at 4pm. From the terminal, follow signs to city buses which depart by the 7-11 beside the adjacent market. Take bus 3, 9, or 77 to BTS Skytrain (major stop and you should see the station overhead). Though transport from tour companies is much cheaper ($10-$12), you could be delayed for hours at the border and you could also switch to uncomfortable minivans.

Crested Butte, CO
6 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Siem Reap to Bangkok Direct Bus

Thanks so much. We are hoping to take this bus with our three year old son in early June, and appreciate the advice.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
346 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Siem Reap to Bangkok Direct Bus

Awesome have been waiting for this info re going this way as we r doing it in july. Thank u again.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
4 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Siem Reap to Bangkok Direct Bus

Thanks for this information. I would be very interested in hearing from anyone who has actually used this bus from Siem Reap to Bangkok.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
9,843 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Siem Reap to Bangkok Direct Bus

" in hearing from anyone who has actually used this bus" - like "Neil C" who started this thread??

Searching the forum helps - another experience tripadvisor.com/…49145720

Siem Reap, Cambodia
Level Contributor
648 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Siem Reap to Bangkok Direct Bus

Just took this yesterday (SR>BKK) and spent 2-1/2 hours at the border. Not sure why they don't collect a few bucks from everyone on board and express the visas.

Pack a lunch as the food options are dismal, otherwise it was a good service.

Bandung, Indonesia
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Siem Reap to Bangkok Direct Bus

thanks for the info, hoping to take this bus on August

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
55 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Siem Reap to Bangkok Direct Bus

Hi Neil C,

I would like to share with you my experience.

Actually I just did the same trip as what you said. SR to BKK.

I leave hotel from SR @5.30am in the morning took cab. It cost me USD 30. the price roughly now is US$30-35..It is safe to leave early in the morning. If you have time constraint I suggested took taxi better. They will pick up at your hotel. Just ask the hotel to arrange for you.

it is 2 hours journey time to reach the border called poipet, the taxi driver will alight you at the round about there and you walk to the immigration office. the border open at 7am in the morning till 8pm in the evening.

if you want quick access and get your passport stamped, you can bribe the police and they will get your passport stamped in less than 5 mins..hahaha..but I did not do it, I just queue for about 15 mins and DONE!!

the police ask me twice whether I wanted to use "their" special access or not. I rejected twice also..haha.

Okay, after pass Cambodia Immigration, you need to walk to Thailand Border (Aranyaprathet district of Sa Kaeo province), you will need to get a WHITE CARD before you join the queue (the white card is given for FREE). the white card can be obtain from staff standing at the beginning of the Queue Line.

at Thai Immigration, it took me about 1 hour to passed through. one of the lady officer is very friendly.

Next, walk out of the immigration building, you need to cross the road to Rong Kluea Market, where I was lost actually. I though there are buses service direct to BKK, I walk around and ask around. The conclusion is I didnt get any good news, some of the people there say those buses moving around is does not have direct service to BKK. it is going to other destination.

But nevertheless, there are a lot of van offering the service to BKK. the drawbacks of taking van is you have to wait until the capacity is full then you can depart. This is what i want to avoid because the waiting time is uncertain. could be 15mins could be more than an hour. You will never know.

I know that there are bus service to BKK depart from Aranyaprathet bus terminal, but the bus terminal is not walking distance. it is 5km away from the THAI immigration according to the tuk tuk driver. I have to take tuk tuk to go there. it cost me about 60baht.

luckily the bus that I want to board is present there. the bus company is Transport Co Ltd (http://home.transport.co.th/en.html) their office is right at the corner, behind 7-11 store.

ticket fare is 229baht for 1 pax.

Bus will alight at Mo Chit Bus Terminal. It took me 5 hour to reach bus terminal instead of 4 hours as promised. Bus will stop over for pick up at certain bus terminal which I am not sure the terminal name. It stops 4 times before you reach Mo Chit Bus Terminal.

Bus condition is quite good. Toilet attached at the back.

Hope it add up Neill sharing on above.

Sawtell, NSW...
Level Contributor
40 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Siem Reap to Bangkok Direct Bus

Hi all,

Took the direct bus from Some Reap to Bangkok on the 10th July with my husband and 3 kids as it was so much cheaper than the flights.

Bought the tickets from Nattakan Office near KFC in SR. Tuk Tuk collected us on time and took us to our departure point.

The bus was really comfortable, airconditioned and has a toilet, but like most bus toilets use only in emergencies. We were supplied a biscuit snack, orange drink and a coffee.

The road trip is interesting. When we got to the border we went through the Cambodian side quite quickly and then hopped back on the bus. Then to the Thai side immigration, unfortunately we picked the wrong que, as the immigration officer doing our line was really slow.

Once through, back onto the bus which was patiently waiting for us and off again.

The bus picked up lunch which are obviously pre ordered, fried rice with a couple of pieces of sausage, not a big meal but it tasted quite OK.

Another 3 .5hrs or so and we arrived in Bangkok, just an hour late thanks to the 1 slow immigration officer.

I would recommend this bus rather than have the hassel of changing from bus to tuk tuk and bus or train again.

Just make sure that you are happy with when you book as we were told that we couldn't change the date of our tickets. Our fault, not theirs.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
55 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Siem Reap to Bangkok Direct Bus

Halo Kehani,

Thanks for sharing. btw, what time your bus leave hotel?

you have the bus timetable?

You could reach BKK in 3,5 hours in a bus is awesome. that's very fast.

In which station you alighting by the way?

Best Regards,

Jumianto

Sawtell, NSW...
Level Contributor
40 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Siem Reap to Bangkok Direct Bus

No it was 7 hrs all up. Bus left Siem Reap at 8.30am. Should arrive in Bangkok at 3.30pm. We didn't get in until about 4.15pm.

Edited: 24 July 2013, 13:18