We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excellent Private Tour guide for Siem Reap

Excellent Private Tour guide for Siem Reap

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 April 2017, 02:30
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,964 posts
10 reviews
1. Re: Excellent Private Tour guide for Siem Reap

I too used a private guide for some of my travels around Seim Reap. Many prefer to go solo but I found having a guide for the first of my 6 days exploring temples gave me great insight and helped me appreciate what i then saw by myself.

Brisbane, Australia
1 post
2. Re: Excellent Private Tour guide for Siem Reap

I am intersted in getting a guide. I was just wondering approx. prices and maybe an email contact if that is possible? I am heading to Siem Reap for a few days and am really interested in exploring the ancient ruins.

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
19,895 posts
86 reviews
3. Re: Excellent Private Tour guide for Siem Reap

Hi Byron,

as a newbie you may have missed some of the features of this site (takes a while to be able to really navigate your way around)

Top right are a series of top questions

top left are more links

and directly above your post is a search box - use similar phrasing to what you'd use for a google search and you'll get stacks of info - this is a common topic. Just be aware you may need to read between the lines on some of the more 'gushing' posts.

Most of the regular posters here (all of us are repeat visitors) will not post info like email addresses on an open forum - too easy for our guide or driver friends to end up with an email inbox full of junk mail.

If you read something that particularly takes your eye and want to contact the writer you can easily send a private message (PM) to anyone by clicking on their blue name to the left of the post - this takes you to their profile page - half way down in the left bar is "send message" click this and off you go. To be advised if you have a reply check the very top of the screen when you log in and you'll see "1 message for Byron"

Now that I've written all that... going rate for a guide will be around $25/day (more if you want sunrise) and a driver an additional $15 (tuk tuk) or $25 (a/c car) again with a surcharge for sunrise.

Two other great sites for all your pre-trip planning are: www.canbypublications.com (great sample itinerararies) and www.travelfish.org - follow the link in the tp bar to Cambodia

hope all this helps

cheers

helen

4. Re: Excellent Private Tour guide for Siem Reap

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 November 2011, 22:36
Italy
Level Contributor
39,684 posts
233 reviews
5. Re: Excellent Private Tour guide for Siem Reap

All the guides for Angkor Wat have to bee licenced so you can esily wait until you arrive before booking a guide.

6. Re: Excellent Private Tour guide for Siem Reap

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

Removed on: 06 November 2011, 22:36
7. Re: Excellent Private Tour guide for Siem Reap

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 18:20