We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chobe River houseboat options

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,514 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Chobe River houseboat options

hi, i am trying to find out abt the options i have for Chobe River houseboat. looking to do a 3D2N stay in early August. so far, i only know of Zambezi Queen, Chobe Princess, and Pangolin Voyager, but i am sure there are many others out there.

the problem is, i am encountering difficulty in finding out the names of these houseboats plying the Chobe River. any name suggestions, please?

other questions:

1) pros/cons of choosing a houseboat that operate from Namibia border vs Botswana border? should i (preferably) pick the one that operates from the Bots side?

2) any houseboat offers both water + land-based excursions? i know the former is given via tender boat (well, it is a river houseboat), but i would like to know which operators offer the latter also in their package - or is this land safari something you need to pay extra to get.

i also look forward to hearing the experiences of travelers who have done both land- and river-safari in Chobe NP, and which you like better.

Mentioned in this post
Chobe National Park
Chobe National Park
North-West District, Botswana
Namibia
Namibia
Africa
1. Re: Chobe River houseboat options

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2017, 08:15