We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kasane - Budget Accomodation & Safari

Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Kasane - Budget Accomodation & Safari

Hi any recommendations for budget accomodations in Kasane? And also any companies that have safaris in Chobe and in the Okovango Delta? Apart from that do you know of any villages that I can spend some time in afterwards please? Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Kasane
Kasane
North-West District, Botswana
Chobe National Park
Chobe National Park
Italy
Level Contributor
232 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kasane - Budget Accomodation & Safari

If you want to camp: I suggest Chobe Safari Lodge. For accommodation I suggest THE OLD HOUSE. The Chobe Safari Lodge offers great sunset cruises on the Chobe River at reasonable rates (duration 3 hours) as well as safari drives along the Chobe River in the National park. If you wish to visit Victoria Falls, transfers from Kasane to Vic Falls through Waterlily Lodge was the cheapest we found. Please ask if you need more info.

Mentioned in this post
Chobe Safari Lodge
Chobe Safari Lodge
1,261 Reviews
Kasane, Botswana
The Old House
The Old House
237 Reviews
Kasane, Botswana
Chobe National Park
Chobe National Park
Victoria Falls
Victoria Falls
Matabeleland North Province, Zimbabwe
Kasane
Kasane
Perth
Level Contributor
115 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kasane - Budget Accomodation & Safari

I would like the contact details of The Old House Kasane please. I'd like their email and phone number if you have it? A friend gave me these details and I would like to book directly but all my attempts to make contact have been fruitless (phone disconnected, email bounced & their website says it has 'malware' if I open it). Thanks if you could help.

Edited: 20 February 2016, 22:00
Mentioned in this post
The Old House
The Old House
237 Reviews
Kasane, Botswana
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,445 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kasane - Budget Accomodation & Safari

That's a red flag. Why not check out local operators such as Roger, Safari Lifestyles and Anton, Leboula Safaris both post here and the feed back is very good.

Perth
Level Contributor
115 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kasane - Budget Accomodation & Safari

Thanks for replying - it's just that I know that the Old Hotel Kasane is still operating because it can be booked on Booking.com. Agoda, etc. and it's still receiving reviews on TA. Wondered if their website was being sabotaged. I tried to make a booking enquiry to what appeared to be a dedicated website - and another company replied saying they'd like to offer me a 'comparable' hotel. Makes me even more determined to contact them directly. ItalyEleonora above is recommending them so thought he/she may have the contact info.

Mentioned in this post
Kasane
Kasane
Italy
Level Contributor
232 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kasane - Budget Accomodation & Safari

Bilasukari - I am not sure which info you used for The Old House - their tel is: +267 625 2562

If you reallly have problems, contact the neighbouring lodge WATERLILY LODGE and ask for help. Waterlily Lodge = +267 6251 775. They are very helpful.

Shout if I can help furthermore!!!

Mentioned in this post
The Old House
The Old House
237 Reviews
Kasane, Botswana
Perth
Level Contributor
115 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kasane - Budget Accomodation & Safari

Thanks so much for your reply ItalyEleonora - very helpful. Yes, that was the ph number I'd called but I'll try the Waterlily Lodge too.

7. Re: Kasane - Budget Accomodation & Safari

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 February 2016, 22:35
Edited: 26 February 2016, 22:35
8. Re: Kasane - Budget Accomodation & Safari

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2017, 16:16