We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

boliviatravelsite.com reliable?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
6 helpful votes
boliviatravelsite.com reliable?

Hi everybody,

I'm looking at booking a hotel for Carnaval in Oruro next year.

The only two options I have found for online booking are:

http://www.boliviatravelsite.com

http://www.boliviahostels.com

However, the first I have been unable to find reviews on, and the second takes deposits with only Western Union transfer.

Can anybody vouch for either of these?

I am leaning towards the first one since they accept paypal (which I hope will cover me if something goes wrong).

Thanks for your help

21 replies to this topic
Cochabamba, Bolivia
1 post
1. Re: boliviatravelsite.com reliable?

Hello Everybody,

My name is Vivian Blanco and I am Operation Manager of Boliviatravelsite.com. Our headquarters are located in Cochabamba city. Our contact details are as follows:

Av.Oquendo No 640

Cochabamba, Bolivia

(T)591-4-4495518

(F)591-4-4540863

(c)72704825

(m)customerservice@boliviatravelsite.com

(w)www.boliviatravelsite.com

I would like to explain a little bit how Boliviatravelsite.com works. We are a travel guide, hotel and tours directory that helps travelers make advance bookings around Bolivia. We offer up to date information and pricing on tours, attractions, hotels, bus tickets, flight tickets, train tickets, boat tickets, private transfers and more.

We are glad to guide travelers during the preparation of their trips to Bolivia, creating special, custom made itineraries. We work with reliable tour operators around Bolivia.

In order to ensure that all the logistical details work out with the operators, we make prepaid reservations through Paypal. We consider that Paypal is the safest and easiest way to pay and that Paypal protects its customers by thoroughly verifying the sellers. Find more information about buying safely through Paypal at the link below:

https://www.paypal.com/hu/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/Marketing/securitycenter/buy/Index-outside

Boliviatravelsite.com takes responsibility for the services that we offer. We are a customer service orientated company.

For the upcoming Oruro Carnival Hotels we made special deals with the hotel managers in Oruro. This way we can provide updated rates for accommodation during the Oruro Carnival in 2012. We contact the hotels directly and make sure the reservation will be made on your behalf. Shortly before the arrival of any of our customers at a hotel we reconfirm the reservation and make sure the receptionist is waiting for them.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at customerservice@boliviatravelsite.com

4 posts
1 review
2. Re: boliviatravelsite.com reliable?

hye Vivian - can you book a flight for me from La Paz to Tarija on January 20th? Cost? Times?

Thanks so much

PV

email petervujovich@vujovich.com

Edited: 11 years ago
Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
2 posts
135 reviews
179 helpful votes
3. Re: boliviatravelsite.com reliable?

Have recently returned from a magnificent trip around Uyuni region, organized by Boliviatravelsite. Will strongly recommend Boliviatravel to others willing to discover Bolivia and will for sure return to them for our trip to Amazonian part of Bolivia! My special gratitute to Vivian, who helped us so much to arrange everything, plan our trip, and who stayed in touch all the time and solved all the issues appearing during our trip. With the help of Vivian also found a wonderful Madness Bolivia adventure company who organised our trip along Death Road in La Paz so safely and made it unforgettable!

Incline Village...
Level Contributor
1 post
4. Re: boliviatravelsite.com reliable?

never ever with boliviatrevelsite.com!!!!!!!!!

Car was old, and had bad smell

At first day our driver changed our rout and we did not come to galaxy of salad

Day two - driver lat for 30 min, than we waisted time for taking our lunch and patrol. our driver prefer change our route, and 2 and 3d day we saw in one day. how can imagine it was terrible 13!!! hours trip, that end after 8 pm - it was very scary to go in car after sunset, because no light.

day three- my husband poisoned after dinner

so. i will not recommend this tour operator

thay work with expedicionesempexsa.com

La Paz, Bolivia
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
10 helpful votes
5. Re: boliviatravelsite.com reliable?

We are really disappointed about this negative post as we did our best to cover all the conditions in the tour contract. We maintained close communications with this passenger and responded her complaints directly via e-mail.

At first day our driver changed our rout and we did not come to galaxy of salad

Unfortunately at the time the Galaxy Cave (Cueva de los Galaxias) was still flooded by water from the rainy season, so it was not possible to visit.

Day two - driver lat for 30 min, than we waisted time for taking our lunch and patrol. our driver prefer change our route, and 2 and 3d day we saw in one day. how can imagine it was terrible 13!!! hours trip, that end after 8 pm - it was very scary to go in car after sunset, because no light.

The driver took 30 minutes to pick up the lunch because we provide our passengers with a hot meal and it was necessary to pick it up from the tour operator's kitchen. It is also necessary to travel with a full tank and extra gasoline, as the tour is nearly 1200kms with no gas stations.

It is simply not possible to see attractions from day 2 and 3 in just one day. The changes and minor delays during the trip were due to the bad weather conditions (snow and ice), which could have put the passengers in unnecessary danger if not avoided as a precaution. Unfortunately there have been cases where passengers of other tour operators were stranded in the cold desert for up to 3 days before getting rescued.

Due to the distances involved, it is common to arrive at the Hotel Tayka after sunset. The drivers are prepared for this.

day three- my husband poisoned after dinner

We didn't provide the dinner to your husband, it was Hotel del Desierto Tayka. The hotel has a properly equipped kitchen and counts with conditions to provide a clean meal.

We provided a Private tour including accommodation, breakfast and dinner at Hotel Luna Salada and Hotel del Desierto Tayka.

Huldenberg, Belgium
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
12 helpful votes
6. Re: boliviatravelsite.com reliable?

We got an offer for a private transfer from Uyuni to Sucre ( one day) with a stop in Potosí ( lack of time to do it in 2 days) by Boliviatravelsite.com in November.

I would like to know if we can trust them. Anybody did a recent booking with this organisation ?

Experience?

1 post
1 review
1 helpful vote
7. Re: boliviatravelsite.com reliable?

We recently organized a Tour on Bolivia [La Paz - Uyuni region - Potosi] with BoliviaTravelsite.com and we found this operator very reliable.

Drivers and Guides who accompanied us during the tour have been kind, experienced and professionals.

Our accommodations have met our expectations (especially Hotel Palacio de Sal and Hotel Mallku Cueva) and the trip on Bus was a nice experience (El Dorado is a good company and "cama" accomodation is very comfortable).

A special thank to Vivian for all support during the trip and previously for the organization. Her indications have been always accurate, making our trip safe and without worries.

We will recommend Boliviatravelsite to friends and family that would like to make a trip to Bolivia.

C.

chastre
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
27 helpful votes
8. Re: boliviatravelsite.com reliable?

boliviatravelsite 's a great tour operator that offers exeptional towers. we did a private tour to Lake Titicaca exeptionnel with an English guide uncommon .

Also they do everything to make you happy

St. Petersburg...
1 post
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
9. Re: boliviatravelsite.com reliable?

We had excellelt expierence in Bolivia in the two trips - bike trip to the Death road and three days trip to the Uyuny salt flats+lagoons.

Both tours were organised by Vivian Blanco from Boliviatravelsite. He helped us very much. All our requests were performed.

May be it's possible to find the same services when you're already in Bolivia, but for us it was very-very useful to find and book this tours and get all nessecary information about transfers, accomodation, budget of our trip in some mounths before the start and to be sure, that all will go in the right way.

So, I really recomend this company and manager Vivian for planning your vacation in Bolivia.

Vivian is the best! :)

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
10. Re: boliviatravelsite.com reliable?

I booked with Boliviatravelsite for a 3 day Uyuni tour. I live in Bolivia and find that most travel agents do not get back to you over email or phone. This has been one of the only travel agents that will give me lots of information (in English) the same day that I have an inquire. My uyuni tour was very organized and always on time. If there were ever any problems, I was able to call Vivian and she sorted out everything. She was always on call. Reliability and consistency is hard to find in this country, and I will be using this travel agency as much as I can while living in Bolivia. Highly recommended!

Thanks Vivian and Boliviatravelsite.com!

Reply to: boliviatravelsite.com reliable?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Oruro
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Australia. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.