We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oruro Tour Operators

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
69 posts
76 reviews
63 helpful votes
Oruro Tour Operators

Hi,

We are planning a tour to Sajama National Park from Oruro, and would like to know if this tour operator in Oruro is reliable as there are not many reviews available online:

TANGARA EXPEDICIONES Travel and Adventure

Also, if anyone can recommend a good tour operator in Oruro, we will really appreciate it!

Thanks.

May

2 replies to this topic
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Salta, Bolivia, Peru
Level Contributor
11,358 posts
354 reviews
190 helpful votes
1. Re: Oruro Tour Operators

Never heard of Tanagara Expedicones but that doesn't mean they are not OK. Few people seem to start tours from Oruro so I am not sure how many recommendations you are likely to get here. Banjo Tours operate out of La Paz and are a good reputable outfit and do run tours to Sajama from La Paz but may be able to organise something from Oruro. Ruta Verde are another good option. Kanoo Tours are a travel agency, again operating from La Paz and will be able to source trips from different operators.

Expedia seem to use Tangara but how much of a reassurance that is, I am not sure.

When travelling around Bolivia and needing to source a tour I have generally just turned up and organised something on arrival. That way you can see what you are getting in terms of vehicles, guides, drivers and travelling companions.

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
69 posts
76 reviews
63 helpful votes
2. Re: Oruro Tour Operators

Hi Crellston,

Thank you very much for your reply. Yes, I have had some proposals from the tour companies you mentioned, but they are pretty expensive. We think we just need a local tour agent to get us there, and arrange for accommodation in Tomarapi as we just want do to some photography and no hiking. We do have an Air BnB booked in Oruro already - just that the local agencies do not seem to have websites, I guess. We may just take the chance and do as you do - and look around when we are in Oruro! :)

Cheers,

May

Reply to: Oruro Tour Operators
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Oruro
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Australia. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.