We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paying with credit/debit card at gold souk?

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham, England
Level Contributor
56 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Paying with credit/debit card at gold souk?

I'm planning on buying some jewellery at the gold souk, probably spending around the region of £300 (sterling). Are credit/debit cards readily accepted or would I be expected to pay in cash? I presume it's expected that you 'haggle' over the prices as well and dont just pay the first price they ask for?

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
42,140 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paying with credit/debit card at gold souk?

Yes you should haggle and they will accept credit cards - best to agree a price and then whip your card out, they may want 1 or 2% more for a payment by credit card

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,539 posts
1,686 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paying with credit/debit card at gold souk?

I have usually paid by credit card and when negotiating ask them to waive the credit card fee. It sometimes works.

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
15,667 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paying with credit/debit card at gold souk?

I've paid by credit card too. No problem.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paying with credit/debit card at gold souk?

I have also always paid by credit card and have never been charged more but then they probably overcharged me anyway with my haggling skills :-)

5. Re: Paying with credit/debit card at gold souk?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2014, 14:17