We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Newcastle/Glasgow Dubai Stopover

Edinburgh, United...
7 posts
Save Topic
Newcastle/Glasgow Dubai Stopover

Hi

I'm flying to Auckland from Newcastle with Emirates next month. On the Emirates website it seems to indicate that because of long stopovers when travelling from Newcastle or Glasgow onto certain destinations Emirates will provide accommodation. I have phoned Emirates today who have said that my ticket class does not entitle me to accommodation. The link to the page is below. Can somebody please give me a 3rd party view as to whether I am misreading the page or whether Emirates are sailing close to the wind with their description. My issue is, if accommodation provision relates to booking class why do they specifically mention Newcastle and Glasgow?

Jimbo.

emirates.com/uk/…long_stopovers.aspx

Dubai
Level Contributor
2,339 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Newcastle/Glasgow Dubai Stopover

What is your booking class? The first thing I see is that it must be one of a number of specific grades ALL the way through.

Dubai
Level Contributor
2,328 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Newcastle/Glasgow Dubai Stopover

it is applicable with certain classes of ticket

This service is offered to passengers holding tickets in specific ticket categories. If you are booking your flights on emirates.com, please check with your local Emirates office that your itinerary/fare qualifies, before you finalise your booking online.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Newcastle/Glasgow Dubai Stopover

I think you've been mis-advised and they are wrong. Some of my family are travelling this exact route in January. When they called EK after booking, they were allocated a hotel to manage the long transit from Newcastle and told to collect thier voucher from the ticket desk at Newcastle.

When reading the website I interpret as: Hotel is available for transits to any destination but depends on booking class -OR- Hotel is available for all transits from Glasgow or Newcastle to listed destinations regardless of booking class.

The UK varient of the long stopovers page gives more detail:

emirates.com/uk/…long_stopovers.aspx

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
81 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Newcastle/Glasgow Dubai Stopover

Jimbo

I am flying Newcastle to Durban via Dubai with a 10 hour stop over all in economy class. When I booked the tickets they offered me a free room at the hotel which I need to book nearer the time that I fly.

I also think that due to the long stop over (more than 6 hours) you can get access to the Emirates lounge at Dubai. I flew to Bangkok with Emirates again economy last year and was allowed entry.

5. Re: Newcastle/Glasgow Dubai Stopover

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2013, 21:20