We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 days in Dubai

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
3 days in Dubai

Hi, me and my girlfriend are going to Dubai for 2nights - 3 days on Monday the 19th sept. We are staying in The Atlantis. I'm looking to know how much spending money we would need for the both of us. We plan to chill out for one day and do something on the other 2 days. we are not sure what we are looking to do yet.

If you could answer in Australian $ or AED that would be great.

Thank so much.

Dubai
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 days in Dubai

It really depends how much you want to spend if you want a five star week it will be expensive however you can eat outside of the hotel at the many Lebanese,Iranian, Indian restaurants very well and cheaply but you should note that alcohol is only served at restaurants in hotels. again the shops in the malls will be pretty expensive, designer shops may be bit cheaper than at home.There are a lot of cheap souks and its fun spending time wandering and bartering (make sure you haggle over the price its weird first of all but you soon get used to it and walk away they will soon accept your price ) and by September it will be starting to get a bit cooler so its more fun than in the oppressive heat of the summer. There are also theme parks, snow dome and usual bowling, cinema etc so if you want to use those then take more money than if you are just happy chilling by the beach or pool in your hotel hope this helps a bit and have a great time.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,119 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 days in Dubai

This is really one of those questions that is almost impossible to answer because you could spend a fortune in 3 days or get away with spending a small amount.

It depends on what you do and where you go to eat.

You will need money for taxis and if you don't have full board then you'll need money for meals - and in Atlantis that will be a lot. At Atlantis breakfast will cost you around 200 dirham per person and dinner around 250 dirham per person.

As a wild guess why not budget 300 dirham per person per day; more if you are planning to eat at Atlantis and less if you do 'something' that doesn't cost anything.

I have no idea of the exchange rate to the AUS $

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
3,458 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 days in Dubai

AU$ isn't that far off the US$.

As above, you can spend a fortune in Dubai and many others live on a fraction of a night in Atlantis.

I had a 'lazy pool/beach' day at Atlantis last week and managed to spend 450dhs (120$) on a burger and 4 rounds of soft drinks. It's not a cheap place!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 days in Dubai

Thanks for the help. we are taking 3700 AED between the two of us but just wanted to know if we had enough are needed more?

5. Re: 3 days in Dubai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2012, 23:17