We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 hour stopover in Dubai Internationl Airport

Glasgow, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
10 hour stopover in Dubai Internationl Airport

Hello,

I wonder if anyone could help please. I have read so many 'horror stories' about this airport I dread going there now.

I am a female of 'quite mature years' travelling on my own. I arrive at Dubai half past midnight.

I have been reading about the Premier Inn hotel but am concerned how I would get there, also looked into staying at the airport hotel but it is so expensive.

Any tips, advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,162 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 10 hour stopover in Dubai Internationl Airport

The Premier Inn operates a shuttle bus every 30 minutes or you can get a cab, which will take 5 minutes.

If you are nervous about a cab then at the official rank there are Pink Lady cabs that have lady drivers and the rank organiser will get one for you.

Don't be nervous, Dubai is very safe and I don't know where you have read horror stories about the airport. It is busy but it is clean, well signposted and has plenty of shops.

Premier Inn has great reviews on here and by all accounts it is well run.

Glasgow, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 10 hour stopover in Dubai Internationl Airport

Thanks so much Latimer, your speedy reply is much appreciated

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
3,458 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 10 hour stopover in Dubai Internationl Airport

Dubai airport is just busy and used to be totally over populated. There would be many workers who were unable to afford a hotel 'camping' while in transit. However since T3 has come into service and the number of workers has decreased due to the recssion things are a lot better. Emirates have also expanded flight frequencies meaning there is less waiting for many destinations now. Dubai airport is beautiful and far better than many across the world, including our very own LHR (maybe excluding T5). Still not a fantastic place to spend ten hours, and the premier inn is very nice, and new. Certainly nothing to be worried about.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
302 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 10 hour stopover in Dubai Internationl Airport

Hello

Is there any options on a 10 hour transit to go out and see Dubai like Singapore Airport offer a tour if your transit is around 6hrs. Do we need to get a visa etc

Am going to Bangkok and will be flying Emirates and hoping to get an upgrade with miles but that may involve a long transit in Dubai so am wondering if it is going to be worth while trying to even upgrade if it means being stuck in the airport.

Thanks

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,162 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 10 hour stopover in Dubai Internationl Airport

If you hold a British passport then you will automatically get a visa stamp.

Yes, there are options to go out and see Dubai, it depends on what time you will arrive and depart so if you tell us that we can suggest a specific option for you

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
302 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 10 hour stopover in Dubai Internationl Airport

Thanks

We have quite a few options with flights one is arriving at Midnight but that would be pointless as would have to stay in airport.

Another option is arriving on EK419 @ 05.45 departing at 14.35 is there anything to see or should we take a chance on a 90min connection is this really possible as I know the last few times we've been through Dubai taken ages to go through the screening process and think we've always had a 3 hour transit but that isn't possible on this trip.

7. Re: 10 hour stopover in Dubai Internationl Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2011, 16:18