We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short term rental- accommodation advice

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Level Contributor
70 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
Short term rental- accommodation advice

Good day all,

I am heading over to Dubai in about a month (yes I have considered the heat:) and am looking for ideas on short term rentals/apartment hotels, and such.

I will be renting a car but still would like to be in a central location and definitely by a beach. I am thinking Jumeira complex area.

Criteria

- safe

- clean

- central or accessible

- on a beach

- hopefully free parking

Do you have any thoughts or suggestions?

I will greatly appreciate your help

London, United...
Level Contributor
805 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Short term rental- accommodation advice

How long are you staying for?

Toronto
Level Contributor
70 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Short term rental- accommodation advice

Two weeks.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,373 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Short term rental- accommodation advice

Everywhere is safe - there is almost zero crime and you will be safer there than in downtown Toronto.

Most places are sparklingly clean

Personally I wouldn't rent a car if you just intend to stay in the City because most places are accessible by taxi or metro and the driving is a challenge.

There are many, many places to rent for two weeks in the Jumeirah area and some will give direct beach access i.e an apartment on the Palm Island. So if you put holiday rentals in Dubai in google you will get many options and suggestions.

Toronto
Level Contributor
70 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Short term rental- accommodation advice

Thank you.

I am spending the two weeks in Dubai to learn more about the city before moving there for long term. I was thinking by renting a car I would get a more intimate feeling of what the city holds plus potentially more flexibility.

Also thanks re the accommodation suggestion. Is palm jumeirah on a beach (real ocean) or man-made beach? the pics are breath-taking but it's hard to tell.

Thanks

5. Re: Short term rental- accommodation advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2010, 17:15