We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Passport expires in soon. Can still go?

London
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Passport expires in soon. Can still go?

Hi,

My passport expires in October and I'm going to Dubai in May. I know some countries want your passport to be valid for at least 6 months after you've left the country. Does anyone know if this applies to Dubai?

Maria

Newton Abbot...
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Passport expires in soon. Can still go?

3 Months according to the UAE website

" All visitors should have a valid return travel ticket and a passport valid for a minimum period of three months for tourists and six months for employment. "

London
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Passport expires in soon. Can still go?

Great, thank you so much for your help,

Maria

Tyne and Wear
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
9,517 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Passport expires in soon. Can still go?

This question was also asked on the Abu Dhabi forum recently and someone mentioned that it is up to your airline, so maybe worth contacting them also.

South Africa
Level Contributor
395 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Passport expires in soon. Can still go?

it also depends on your passport nationality.....is yours UK? Ours (South African) has to be valid 6 months......

UK
Level Contributor
155 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Passport expires in soon. Can still go?

Why not renew it, then you will not have a problem . Use the fastrack 1 week service if you do not have 2-3 weeks until you travel. Any time left on your current passport (up to 9 months) is transfered to your new one.

SF.

UK
Level Contributor
57 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Passport expires in soon. Can still go?

I renewed our passports recently - took to Post Office for check and send on the Monday and received back on the Friday. These were straightforward renewals without counter-signatures. Our children, whose appearances had changed considerably needed counter-signing, and they were returned on the following Tuesday. I had allowed 4 weeks to get them back, so they can be quicker.

London
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Passport expires in soon. Can still go?

Hi,

Thanks everyone for your replies. I'm Swedish and living in London, leaving in a week, so if I was to get a new passport, it would have to be an emergency one at the embassy, probably quite expensive, so would only do it if I had to.

Maria

Mumbai (Bombay...
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Passport expires in soon. Can still go?

HI,

i want to take 30days visit visa for UAE i have only 4month left for my passport to get expire and i and and i want to go in this vacation month .. and i know it will take more then a month for renewal

4month OK for a visit visa??

Mumbai (Bombay...
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Passport expires in soon. Can still go?

HI,

i want to take 30days visit visa for UAE i have only 4month left for my passport to get expire and i and and i want to go in this vacation month .. and i know it will take more then a month for renewal

4month OK for a visit visa??

10. Re: Passport expires in soon. Can still go?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2010, 17:17