We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do Australians need a visa?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
713 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Do Australians need a visa?

Hi guys!

Just wanted to know if Aussies need to get a visa to get into Dubai?

I know we're easily welcomed into most countries around the world but just not sure about UAE.

Thanks

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
4,012 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do Australians need a visa?

As Australian passport holders you don't need to obtain a visa in advance. A 30-day visit visa free of charge is issued on arrival.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
713 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do Australians need a visa?

Oh, that's perfect!

I saw this:

"Citizens of Western Europe and Pacific Rim

Citizens of UK (with the right of abode in the United Kingdom), France, Italy, Germany, Holland, Belgium, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Austria, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Portugal, Ireland, Greece, Finland, Spain, Monaco, Vatican City, Iceland, Andorra, San Marino, Liechtenstein, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Brunei, Singapore, Malaysia, South Korea and holders of Hong Kong SAR passports will be granted a free of charge for One Entry Visit visa on arrival in the UAE."

I wasn't sure what they meant by ONE ENTRY. We'll have a 5-hour stop over in Dubai on our way to Cairo and then we'll be stopping for 2 nights in Dubai on the way back to Melbourne.

I thought we had to pay for the 2nd time we "enter" UAE.

Thanks

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
219 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do Australians need a visa?

Yeah, no problems with vias's for Aussies. Just line up in the immigration Que & go through. They may ask you where you are staying as you get processed. Other than that easy peasy.

4. Re: Do Australians need a visa?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 23:16