We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Terrible Planes

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Terrible Planes

I flew Emirates airlines when I travelled over to London in April 2007. I mention at this point that I was flying business class but it might as well have been cattle class. It was dreadful. Firstly I went 13 hours (Sydney time) without a meal, the seat didnt work properly as in the foot rest working. Once the person in the front of me put their seat back to have a sleep I couldnt move. The list of things that were wrong is too long to type here. When I returned to Australia I emailed them and made a complaint. It look about 6 weeks to finally get a reply via Dubai!! All I will say is that I would never ever travel with this airline again it was a dreadful experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
87 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Terrible Planes

I too have had problems with Emirates,i think they arent what they are cracked up to be.I too had to wait ages for a reply as they ignored my emails.I wrote to them to get a response and then it was like they didnt even read my complaint i gave up in the end,rubbish!!!

Ill fly BA from now on as they have added a 4th flight a day to the summer timetable

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
102 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Terrible Planes

I regularly fly EK in J class, can't say I've had the same experience though...

A few points...

1) I don't believe for a minute they didn't offer any meals during the flight, especially in J class, the only time they won't serve is where all cabin services are suspended during turbulence for obvious safety reasons.

2) Seats are a bit of a lottery sometimes as there are a few different types in a J class configuration across their fleet of B777’s. I’ve only ever experienced a stuck seat on my return leg to KUL. Can happen to any airline.

3) They can take a fair while to respond which isn’t helpful but they have made it right on many occasions for colleagues who’ve had problems with missed connections etc

At the end of the day EK is getting way to big then they can handle (some routes), growing rapidly at a rate where sometimes customer service leaves a lot to be desired, just like any other airline. They're growing faster than any other airline.

Don’t get me started on BA... Abysmal service, think EK is bad try BA’s Club World product offering, never again

Dubai
Level Contributor
1,592 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Terrible Planes

why are you telling us now about something that happened nearly 2 years ago?? I dont get it.

I've been lucky enough to fly bus class with emirates a couple of times and I think its lovely, service and food was great and loads of room!

4. Re: Terrible Planes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2009, 21:22