We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Five Jumeriah - Ramadan

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Topic
Five Jumeriah - Ramadan

Anyone staying at this hotel during Ramadan.

Drinks by the pool?

beer being served?

Thanks

13 replies to this topic
Broadway, United...
Level Contributor
88 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Five Jumeriah - Ramadan

its best to send them a email of what is available in the day, a lot of the hotels on the beach are serving both but its down to each hotel if they have been giving the permit .

hopefully someone will answer , i see on other posts people have contacted hotels and had a reply.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
46,831 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Five Jumeriah - Ramadan

Ramadan hasn’t started yet.

Broadway, United...
Level Contributor
88 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Five Jumeriah - Ramadan

i thought it commenced today/tomorrow , but anyway poster is going in relevant period and want to know what the deal is with there hotel for daytime servings. i would assume they are asking for this year.

Edited: 16 May 2018, 02:51
Yorkshire
Level Contributor
13 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Five Jumeriah - Ramadan

We are arriving 1 June at Jum Al Naseem so I’ll let you know .... you may be there by then !!

Dubai
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
3,667 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Five Jumeriah - Ramadan

Ramadhan starts THURSDAY 17 MAY 2018

Sunderland England
Level Contributor
315 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Five Jumeriah - Ramadan

Cate12 The Al Naseem may well be serving food and drink during Ramadan. They certainly did last year when I stayed there. However that doesn't mean that Five Jumeirah will be doing the same. They have to be granted a license to do so.

Enjoy The Al Naseem its really fab!

Broadway, United...
Level Contributor
88 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Five Jumeriah - Ramadan

Have we not all said the same. whether it be jumeriah or palm its only the hotel that will know

my experience is hotels / apartments on the palm are overlooked such as five , fairmont by apartment and may upset the fasting person there fore it could be blocked

ive done more Ramadans than i can count in 16 years and only the last two summers have seen dubai opened up to hotels and restaurants and they were a handful,. But prior to that there nothing and i know some prefer that that way . but itts obvious the people that you cant have global tourism and fasting and closure and then want the masses in , so think those day have now gone -thank you but i know others will miss the holy month regime

Edited: 17 May 2018, 05:42
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Five Jumeriah - Ramadan

staying currently at mina a salam.

found a letter from the gm in the room staring that only hanaaya, al samar and shimmers will open during the day.

in the letter the guests are asked to eat/drink only in these restaurants or in their rooms...

if that means that there will be no pool service, this would be a strong restriction compared to last year, when it was handled in a relaxed way.

Edited: 17 May 2018, 05:53
Broadway, United...
Level Contributor
88 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Five Jumeriah - Ramadan

id check ti out

Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Five Jumeriah - Ramadan

pool service in madinat is available during daytime.

seems that this year the rules in madinat are relaxed like the previous year.

expect to have some limitations for dinner timings in the buffet restaurants. usually they start the international/theme buffets after the iftar buffet has taken place

Edited: 17 May 2018, 17:21
Reply to: Five Jumeriah - Ramadan
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted