We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubai in December 18 - where to stay?

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Dubai in December 18 - where to stay?

Hi,

Am wondering what are some of the options in Dubai for a family vacation. Pretty large group of 12 folks including kids through Xmas and new year.

I was checking a few apartments and most of them a priced quite high at around ~800 British pounds per night. Wondering if any local experts have some more opinions ?

Thanks,

Thomas K

Special Offer
Dubai Desert: Dune Bashing, Camel...
1,994 Reviews
from USD 67.40*
USD 89.87
Desert Safari in Dubai with Barbecue...
154 Reviews
from USD 59.00*
Full-Day Tour of Abu Dhabi City From...
407 Reviews
from USD 53.00*
1 reply
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
2,227 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dubai in December 18 - where to stay?

One has to work the numbers on this one. 12 folks in one property limits the choice, hence the restrictive costs.

Bear in mind December is also a peak time and lots of hotels are offering minimum/block stay, all resulting is less availability. Finally, hotels/apartments in Dubai often have differing rules on how they consider/count groups' especially any kids (sleeping arrangements etc.) That is, if you say you need five kids they may just assume five beds, which obviously limits the options.

As a next step, I'd suggest more searches but splitting the numbers perhaps across two adjacent properties. I'd also suggest Airbnb, and perhaps looking around areas such as Karama, Mankhool, Bur Dubai, Al Barsha, Barsha Heights/Tecom, Deira, JLT.

Bottom line - search better ;-)

Reply to: Dubai in December 18 - where to stay?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted