We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

With my 5yr old. Hotel oder AirBnB (for example)?

Level Contributor
81 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
With my 5yr old. Hotel oder AirBnB (for example)?

Hi.

Dubai Holidays number 3 are going to happen in April 2019. Nothing booked so far. But this time I´m going to take my 5 year old daughter with me for the first time.

Hotel seems to be the wrong option. Maybe a Appartment with own kitchen, fridge etc would be better. I did some research on hometogo and airbnb. In the end there where prices from 30€ up to 500€ per night. My budget is more like 30 to 75€ per night.

What are your experiences with private appartments? Especially with kids.

And is Deira the best location for me and my daughter? I liked it a lot in Deira. Very nice area, but with a kid?

Short:

When: April 2019

Duration: 10 Days (9 nights)

Who: Dad with 5yr daughter

Where: Deira?

Budget: Low budget. Last 2 times was around 800€ per person with Emirates flight (about 450 Flight, 350 Hotel)

What: Kid friendly entertainment, Waterparks, Zoo, Legoland...

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Best Seller
Dubai Desert 4x4 Dune Bashing...
1,966 Reviews
from USD 67.40*
Special Offer
Full-Day Tour of Abu Dhabi City From...
397 Reviews
from USD 43.00*
USD 48.00
Special Offer
Desert Safari in Dubai with Barbecue...
136 Reviews
from USD 53.00*
USD 59.00
18 replies to this topic
1. Re: With my 5yr old. Hotel oder AirBnB (for example)?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2018, 21:25
Edited: 31 May 2018, 21:25

2. Re: With my 5yr old. Hotel oder AirBnB (for example)?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

3. Re: With my 5yr old. Hotel oder AirBnB (for example)?

Level Contributor
81 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: With my 5yr old. Hotel oder AirBnB (for example)?

eeeh..what?

No one has to do research for me. I just what to know your experiences with a 5yr old. hotel or appartment.

Edited: 14 May 2018, 04:14
Level Contributor
134 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: With my 5yr old. Hotel oder AirBnB (for example)?

Not sure about the previously rude post. I think this is a matter of preference. I like hotels because they offer things that kids tend to enjoy like a swimming pool, kids club etc. Deira seems far from a lot of the main tourist attractions, but it’s again what you prefer.

London, United...
Level Contributor
523 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: With my 5yr old. Hotel oder AirBnB (for example)?

No need for the language. Plus, 90% of posters on here don’t do any self research before asking questions I’m certain! The OP was polite, unlike you......they said ‘hi & thank you’, that gets my vote straight away, manners should get replies, but not ones like in #1&2. They were after all asking for other people’s experiences.

OP, sorry I can’t really help, but with a five year old, my vote would be for an appartment as much more flexibility. I don’t know if there are any apartments that have the kids club facilities like the hotels can offer, maybe someone can enlighten you. Good luck :-)

Level Contributor
81 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: With my 5yr old. Hotel oder AirBnB (for example)?

--- Edit: Thank you "Takingoffnow". The "flexibility" is my most important point. But maybe we wouldnt use it that much?! I don´t know that in advance. I know more about that after we are back from dubai :D ---

You´re absolutly right. "Matter of preference". But I never been to dubai with a small kid. So its hard to compare for me. We had Al Garhoud and Deira the last two times. So we were used to the metro and taxi. We have been there because of the lower prices.

And you´re also right with swimming and kids club. I only searched for rooms with pool...but hotel with my 5 year old? Ok in the end we will stay there only for sleeping, refreshing, swimming and maybe breakfast. My first thought was that a private room would be better with the possibilty of cooking and using the supermarkets instead the expesive hotel food

Edited: 14 May 2018, 04:39
Level Contributor
81 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: With my 5yr old. Hotel oder AirBnB (for example)?

Ok to make it clear. Here is a pic of Expedias Hotel Map that match my budget:

https:/…Unbenannt.png.html

You can see the big gap between Old Dubai and "New Dubai". All our attractions require some driving if staying in deira like mentioned here before by some members. What exactly is the best area with kids? I have to do some endless research.

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
1,789 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: With my 5yr old. Hotel oder AirBnB (for example)?

This may sound a really random suggestion, but have you considered the couchsurfing sites?

I'm not suggesting you and the little one sleep on a sofa in a random house, but through sites like those there are temporary home shares which may work for you. Who knows, if it works out there may even be a playmate for your child...

Airbnb also offer decent options for home share/private room. Just make sure they follow Airbnb's Dubai specific regulations for responsible hosting (ie are registered accordingly as a host, rather than a private landlord).

Hotel apartments are everywhere too, especially Al Barsha. You'd be surprised how much value you can find if you shop around, and a lot depends on the itinerary you're looking for activity wise. For example, no use having an apartment in JLT if everything you're looking to do is Old Dubai or Downtown.

Booking com tends to have more than a fair share of hotel apartments, but also search for hotels with 'suites' in the name.

I'm happy to offer any advice I can, although not much use on the 5 year old part of the question, sorry.

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Al Barsha Hotel Apartments by Mondo
Al Barsha Hotel...
463 Reviews
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
10. Re: With my 5yr old. Hotel oder AirBnB (for example)?

Edited: 31 May 2018, 21:25

Reply to: With my 5yr old. Hotel oder AirBnB (for example)?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted