We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best half board options

Bideford, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
17 reviews
Best half board options

Looking for any advice on hotels that have the best half board options , I have stayed at the Madinat several times over the last 5 years , but as others have mentioned in other posts the restrictions and suppliements have made this less appealing . Somewhere with a few restaurant choices included as we will be staying 5 or 6 days . Location wise anywhere between the creek and the Palm is fine . Any feedback on the Versace half board as this was a hotel we were interested in ?

4 replies to this topic
Castlecomer, Ireland
Level Contributor
18 posts
19 reviews
1. Re: Best half board options

I actually just booked today the Ja ocean view hotel .booked b +b but offer is free upgrade to half board

Maybe this is an option for you

Castlecomer, Ireland
Level Contributor
18 posts
19 reviews
2. Re: Best half board options

I actually just booked today the Ja ocean view hotel .booked b +b but offer is free upgrade to half board

Maybe this is an option for you

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri, Protaras, Paphos, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
48,971 posts
38 reviews
3. Re: Best half board options

Versace is a lovely hotel but not much around it so you will need taxis - I think Hannah did half board there so she may see this and reply.

I'm not much use with half board options as I never do it, preferring to eat out at a different place every night and mixing up high end 5* with more reasonable options - there are so many new areas to explore and so much more to Dubai than eating in the Madinat every night so I'd be tempted to give B&B a whirl and I'd also see if Address Downtown is open on your dates and spend the cash you save on half board for a club lounge access room - best club lounge offering and views in Dubai.

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for United Arab Emirates
Level Contributor
2,865 posts
10 reviews
4. Re: Best half board options

A word to the wise on half board - not all half boards are equal.

Often, people get seduced by the 'half board' offers, but its all about checking the fine print. For example, there's some hotels in Dubai offer half board at different package values, ie one level is just one restaurant, no drinks, then a more expensive package is restaurant with alcohol, through to a higher level package that allows different restaurants and drinks etc.

Make sure you get the details of any half board offers proposed, and check the small print.

I'd look around at Grosvenor House and especially their "Dine Around" deals, which takes some great venues like Rhodes W1 and Ottomans, as well as Maya and Geales at LRM.

PV is a very flashy resort, though if you may want to factor location into your decision making.

Reply to: Best half board options
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted