We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best method of obtaining a visa?

6 posts
Save Topic
Best method of obtaining a visa?

Hello there,

My wife and I are planning an August vacation to Dubai. Being a UK citizen I do not need a visa, however my wife being Bosnian does.

I've heard that hotels can help with getting a visa, but this has been unconfirmed.

The only thing I've managed to confirm is Emirates airline gets you a visa, however we are not flying with them.

Plus there is no place here in Bosnia to search or confirm this, so any advice would be appreciated.

Special Offer
Dubai Desert 4x4 Dune Bashing...
1,999 Reviews
from USD 67.40*
USD 89.87
Desert Safari in Dubai with Barbecue...
158 Reviews
from USD 59.00*
Best Seller
Full-Day Tour of Abu Dhabi City From...
410 Reviews
from USD 53.00*
9 replies to this topic
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
467 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Best method of obtaining a visa?

check with the hotel, they can arrange visa. or a travel agent in Bosnia can arrange visa for you.

Mexico City
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
2,476 posts
523 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best method of obtaining a visa?

I have USA and Mexican nationality and do not need a visa, but my travelling partner is Mexican. We also are not flying Emirates. Our hotel is getting the visa ten days prior to the trip. I sent all items they needed already and they confirned. The UAE embassy suggested the hotel as they will take a couple of weeks. Our visi is for leisure

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
9,134 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best method of obtaining a visa?

Simplest way is to approach on the of the authorized Travel Agencies in Dubai, send them copies of passport and photo. It would cost you about US$100/- for the visa. (some of the established ones - South Travels, Raina Tours, Kanoo Travel, Sharp Travels, SATA, DNATA, and so on. You can find many more online).

6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best method of obtaining a visa?

Very helpful thank you. Of the list of sites you gave, which one would be the most recommended?

I did get in contact with the hotel we want to stay with, who are helpful but insistent that I use a credit card when I only have a debit.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri, Protaras, Paphos, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
48,178 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best method of obtaining a visa?

I would try www.southtravels.com

I think they will want you to book the hotel through them and they have a visa assistance service

https://southtravels.com/visa

6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best method of obtaining a visa?

I see, thank you.

There website looks very simple, to use, however booking the hotel through them was not something I wanted to do, as booking both the flight and hotel through expedia was going to save us at least £200.

The hotel that I originally mentioned is still insistent on a credit card, are all companies going to be the same, or do some accept debit cards as payment? They also mentioned a 5000 AED fee as a deposit or something.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri, Protaras, Paphos, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
48,178 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best method of obtaining a visa?

You have limited options because of your circumstances and the fact that you don't have a credit card.

I guess you will either have to save the £200 by booking through Expedia and finding out if your bank will cover a 5,000 AED deposit held on your debit card - be aware that this may restrict other spending on your card and may be more difficult than using a credit card

or

Pay the extra to book the hotel through an agency that will help with the visa application

6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Best method of obtaining a visa?

Thank you.

I've been speaking to Southtravels who have already been much clearer than 3 days worth of communication with the hotel.

He told us we can book via Expedia with no issues, which is great. He also said a debit card could work, but it's also likely not to be an option. If it's not he will explore alternatives.

I'll probably update this if anything major changes, just wanted to say thanks for directing me to this agency.

9. Re: Best method of obtaining a visa?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2018, 23:18

Reply to: Best method of obtaining a visa?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted