We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much money to take for 5 days?

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
How much money to take for 5 days?

Hello everyone,

lanning on maybe taking my girlfriend to Dubai for both our first time in July. Just wondering how much to budget for per day? My hotel is bed and breakfast so will not need to worry about breakfast. How much are excursions and food elsewhere? we arent the type to be in fancy restaurants as we like to experience some culture? also how would we get from airport to jumirah beach area?

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Best Seller
Dubai Desert 4x4 Dune Bashing...
1,961 Reviews
from USD 67.40*
Special Offer
Full-Day Tour of Abu Dhabi City From...
395 Reviews
from USD 43.00*
USD 48.00
Special Offer
Desert Safari in Dubai with Barbecue...
136 Reviews
from USD 53.00*
USD 59.00
2 replies to this topic
Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
727 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much money to take for 5 days?

Joe,

Have a think on any excursions you fancy and google the cost of them.

Food can be reasonable, eating in the shopping areas is good value. Restaurants can range from £50 pp upwards so again, google is your pal.

Service charge, government tax and VAT is on just about everything. (I get a feeling Dubai wants less visitors!)

Drinking alcohol is expensive, trying to find drinks deals or that dreadful "drinking duty free in the room" is akin to being back at university!! I do not drink much so the alcohol price is not a big deal, some bars are definitely worth a visit just to look at the design and the clientele...

Taxis are pretty cheap and you can use the metro.

Airport to Jumeirah- taxi.

I think £350 a day will keep you on the right side, it's always good to have some extra ammo though!

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Jumeirah Beach Hotel
Jumeirah Beach Hotel
5,845 Reviews
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Hawaii
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How much money to take for 5 days?

I am also wondering about food. Does anybody know about vendors that have carts or stands on the street? Like if I wanted a sharwarma and a soda, how much would that cost?

Reply to: How much money to take for 5 days?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted