We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Motiongate Vs IMG

Warwick, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Motiongate Vs IMG

Hello all

I will be going to Dubai in October for a holiday with my family (inc kids), we are there for 8 days and was wondering if its worth going to both IMG and Motiongate or is it worth only going to one of them?

Would love some advise from those who have been

Regards

Best Seller
Dubai Desert 4x4 Dune Bashing...
1,968 Reviews
from USD 67.40*
Special Offer
Full-Day Tour of Abu Dhabi City From...
399 Reviews
from USD 43.00*
USD 48.00
Special Offer
Desert Safari in Dubai with Barbecue...
138 Reviews
from USD 53.00*
USD 59.00
4 replies to this topic
Guernsey, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Motiongate Vs IMG

Good morning, I've been to both and have to say IMG is great. I would definitely recommend going there. Be sure to book online as I believe they have discount family rates/packages.

I'm sure you may already be doing this also - but I'd recommend heading to Aquaventure waterpark instead of Motiongate in terms of a fun family day out

Warwick, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Motiongate Vs IMG

Thank you for your repsonse, so is it not worth going to Motiongate at all?, i will all so look into the aquaventure park

Regards

2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Motiongate Vs IMG

HI !!

I m travelling to Dubai with my family in May-2018 facing same dilemma.

If you could please share your experience and view.

Thanks in advance

Male
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Motiongate Vs IMG

I preferred Motiongate to IMG, but that's a personal opinion and you need to consider the following:

In addition to Motiongate are the other two parks and you need to pay entrance fees for each which may make it pricey if the family decide they want to do all the parks, whereas IMG is just one place.

If your children are young, they'll probably find more to do at Legoland than at Motiongate/IMG. But if they're older, I don't think there's much to entertain anyone over the age of 8 at Legoland. If you're only comparing Motiongate to IMG, then I think it's much of a muchness.

Motiongate is mostly outdoors whereas IMG is indoors. so you need to consider the weather and how much time you want to spend outside in the heat. I'd have no problem with Dubai outdoor heat in May, but your family may be different.

IMG is closer to Dubai, but once you're in a taxi, you're in a taxi and the extra time isn't going to make a huge difference to you, I guess.

Edited: 24 March 2018, 22:57
Reply to: Motiongate Vs IMG
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted