We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pyramids - Port Said or Alexandria?

Miami
6 posts
Save Topic
Pyramids - Port Said or Alexandria?

We are in port in both cities for one day in August. Which one is better for visiting the pyramids. Also is it safe to travel on private tours or best to go by bus? Advice please.

Alexandria, Egypt
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pyramids - Port Said or Alexandria?

margail57

Pyramids are in Giza, Cairo,if you mean which is nearer to pyramids it's Alexandria, you can take a bus from Alexandria to Cairo and it'll pass by the Pyramids, but you can't use the trains as it'll be a bit far from it and you 'll need to use another transportation to reach the pyramids.

Currently, i do not recommend private tours ,but you are saying you will come in August, so it will be after president elections so may be it would be better after that .

Miami
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Pyramids - Port Said or Alexandria?

Thanks we are hoping to put together a group but understand the tour companies are not keen on group tours at present. Will wait and see closer to the date - would not go on the train though.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
4,012 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pyramids - Port Said or Alexandria?

The train is quite good (the fastest one) is actually a good option for getting from Alex to Cairo and then you have a bigger choice of companies who would meet you off the train and show you round on a private tour. A friend of mine did this a couple of years ago on her own after staying in Alex.

Madrid
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Pyramids - Port Said or Alexandria?

I think you should visit the pyramids when you are in port said so you can have chance to visit Alexandria when you r in Alexandria port

A L
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pyramids - Port Said or Alexandria?

Hi does any one knows how far is the Pyramids from the Alexanderia port?

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
223 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pyramids - Port Said or Alexandria?

Around Km 250, or 3 hours drive, i would suggest you see my reply to a similar query on TA:

tripadvisor.com/…42050496

7. Re: Pyramids - Port Said or Alexandria?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2013, 19:15
Get answers to your questions about Alexandria