We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Some help & advice please

County Donegal...
Level Contributor
3,289 posts
171 reviews
Save Topic
Some help & advice please

Last Easter, whilst on holidays in Benalmadena, I had made plans to take an excursion over to Tetouan. Unfortunately, owing to weather conditions, the trip was cancelled. We are planning to have a week in Torremolinos in June & I'm thinking of booking the trip to Tetuoan again. I've been to Tangier a couple of times previously on day trips from the Costa Del Sol & this trip does not stop there, it's straight to Cueta & on to Tetouan. It's a long day travelling & I'm wondering, do any of the regulars or people that may have done the trip previously have an opinion on if it's a worthwhile trip or if Tetouan can be seen in just a few hours?

The link below gives all the details of the trip.

alhambra-granada-tours.com/tetouan-historica…

Thanks

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
10,300 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Some help & advice please

Tetouan is nice and Medina wonderful and it can be good trip even if it is only over day, pity. It would be better to stay there overnight.

County Donegal...
Level Contributor
3,289 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Some help & advice please

Thanks Khamlia

Everything I've seen of Tetouan on the internet looks really good. I'm not sure if the overnight option is available as it does not seem to be one of the more popular excursions from the Costa Del Sol. Tangiers is offered by many companies on a daily basis but the link that I posted was the only one I could find for Tetouan only. Isango do offer the same trip but it's provided by the same company that I plan to use.

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
10,300 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Some help & advice please

Actually you can do this trip by yourself, if you wish, it is not difficult at all and it will be more interesting and funny too. Take you to Algeciras by bus, then ferry to Ceuta https://secure.frs.es/index.php…

and taxi or bus to Tetouan.

County Donegal...
Level Contributor
3,289 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Some help & advice please

Hi again Khamlia

It hadn't even crossed my mind to do the trip independently but I'll certainly look in to it further when I get home this evening. Thanks for the tip.

Kenitra, Morocco
Level Contributor
2,337 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Some help & advice please

I've done Tetouan in a day, then again for a week.. just in the day though it was nice. The media is great, if you love shopping you could spend a couple of hours here!

One thing I love about the city itself is amazing. I was shocked how much it feels like your walking though a historic Spanish city! Here are some pictures just around the main part https://goo.gl/photos/qzkYT6S7CW6TCeYD8 .. another nice thing is this place is surrounded by mountains (not sure which ones!) but this view is also amazing.

There is also a nice beach though at this time of year the weather isn't really beach weather..

Have fun :)

County Donegal...
Level Contributor
3,289 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Some help & advice please

Hi jamesmrichardson

Thank you for your reply & it looks more & more like it is a trip that is well worth doing. I'll have a look at the photos in the link at home this evening, thank you for posting them. The beach, I might be tempted as living where I do in the north west of Ireland, right on the Atlantic, it's still got to be warmer & calmer in Tetuoan.

Spent some time last night checking out Khamlia's suggestion of doing the trip independently & it does seem to be an easy enough option & will cut out the obligatory visit to a perfume or carpet shop that the organised tour will surely have on their itinary.

County Donegal...
Level Contributor
3,289 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Some help & advice please

From looking at the photos, it does not look like how I would have expected it to. It seems to be quite a busy place too, certainly will be interesting.

California
Level Contributor
1,545 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Some help & advice please

Tetouan is certainly doable on your own. My experience of the city was limited by very severe weather but I enjoyed my reading and the town was amazing on my last night, after dark. Absolutely no need for assistance.

9. Re: Some help & advice please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 30 January 2016, 18:35
Edited: 30 January 2016, 18:35
County Donegal...
Level Contributor
3,289 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Some help & advice please

Hi GailannCalifornia

I've decided at this early stage that I will be doing the trip on my own. It should be more fun & all the time spent there will be mine for exploring & doing what I want to do rather than trudging around after a guide.

Thanks to everyone that replied, all good, helpful posts.

Get answers to your questions about Tetouan
More Tetouan Topics