We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One day in Kotor on my birthday

Warrington
Level Contributor
94 posts
7 reviews
One day in Kotor on my birthday

I will be in Kotor for the day on my 60th birthday in August whilst on a cruise ...has anybody any recommendations what to do to make the day special, a nice restaurant on a beach would be ideal, we will have a look around the town in the morning but somewhere special to spend the afternoon would be lovely, we don’t mind jumping a taxi if we need to leave the town. Thanks in advance

9 replies to this topic
Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
20,117 posts
60 reviews
1. Re: One day in Kotor on my birthday

After exploring Kotor, for a special birthday I would suggest Konoba Mlini which is just a a quick taxi ride away and offers good food and beautiful grounds. It is not the cheapest place in Montenegro, but Montenegro is in general rather cheap anyway, so I would say this place is in the mid range for western europe

http://www.catovica-mlini.com/en/

Edited: 20 April 2018, 04:21
Level Contributor
221 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: One day in Kotor on my birthday

I had my 60th birthday last week while I was in Kotor!Depending on how long your ship is docked for!Last week 1 arrived but left after lunch.I wanted to see Sveti Stefan so caught the bus to Bar where it stops at Sveti Stefan and had a fabulous lunch at The Olive Tree.Google it and see!!!Cost us €9 on the bus for two,and we got a taxi back at €12 so if time is tight its not much dearer.There are some lovely restaurants in the Old Town if you didn't want to go far,there are no beaches what so ever around the whole of the Fyjord.We ate at a few restaurants in the Old Town,can't remember names just wander around and look at menues.Enjoy Kotor because the whole area is stunning!!Had great weather too!!

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
20,117 posts
60 reviews
3. Re: One day in Kotor on my birthday

Happy belated birthday! Yeah, the entire are is stunning. Some of my family is living in Sveti Stefan, so I am there every year. It is beautiful. My spot is Budva though as more vibrant.

I never took the bus from Kotor, does it take the ferry or drives around the bay?

Warrington
Level Contributor
94 posts
7 reviews
4. Re: One day in Kotor on my birthday

Sounds fabulous, we are there allday so plenty of time for a taxi trip there, thank you both for your suggestions I will look them both up :-)

Level Contributor
221 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: One day in Kotor on my birthday

You must!!!The whole island is a hotel!You arnt allowed on it though!!!That's why we had a meal at The Olive Tree to sit and stare and wish!!!!

Level Contributor
221 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: One day in Kotor on my birthday

You are right Montenagro is stunning!We travelled every where by bus and a driver.The bus was the Bar bus and took you to Budva and then Sveti Stefan took about an hour but the scenery is so stunning the time flies by.Yes I know you love Budva but I hated It!I live in a tourist town on the coast and I see bars,noisy drunk people all the time!So personally don't like that sort of place.Its perfect for people who love a lively resort.To compare I stayed in Muo and for me it was perfect.Walked all the way to Dobrota!And all the way to the last village on my side!!!I'm walked to death!And can't walk in proper shoes now!!!I loved Montenagro so much.

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
20,117 posts
60 reviews
7. Re: One day in Kotor on my birthday

I understand that you are living in a tourist town, so it is different compared most of us who are living, let's say in the middle of Europe. You are used to it, we are craving it. Plus I think Budva old town is rather nice. I am still glad that you enjoyed Montenegro

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
135 posts
5 reviews
8. Re: One day in Kotor on my birthday

Hello Gilly,

Thank you for your question. I was planning to ask the same. I, too, will be in Kotor in August as part of a

cruise on the Wind Surf. So, I now have some ideas of what to do and where to eat.

By chance, are you on the same cruise.

Warrington
Level Contributor
94 posts
7 reviews
9. Re: One day in Kotor on my birthday

Hi no I will be on Celebrity, looking forward to seeing Kotor. Hope you have a great time :-)

Reply to: One day in Kotor on my birthday
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kotor
Recent Conversations