We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best town to look for apartments ?

lincolnshire
Level Contributor
129 posts
12 reviews
Best town to look for apartments ?

Looking to rent a place with a pool that's near to beach for children, nice places to eat and drink in walking distance and places to explore. We don't want to rely on cars unless we need to do so.

Any suggestions or places to avoid please?

6 replies to this topic
Sydney
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
17,818 posts
170 reviews
1. Re: Best town to look for apartments ?

Places with pools are mainly hotels, or villas that are usually away from all facilities.

IMO pool is not necessary if you are near a nice beach. If pool is not a must, I suggest Biograd na Moru. It is the most family friendly town on the Croatian Coast. Your kids would love as would you.

Try booking.com and use filters to find something suitable.

There are hotels in Biograd in best location you could find, but not really suitable for families.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Zadar
Level Contributor
1,770 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Best town to look for apartments ?

Here is a link for apartments with a pool. I have no idea what it's like as I haven't stayed there but it looks nice and it's close to the beach and other amenities. You can easily catch a bus into old town Zadar from Diklo if you feel like it.

https://www.homeaway.co.uk/p6846862

Edited: 17 January 2018, 11:00
lincolnshire
Level Contributor
129 posts
12 reviews
3. Re: Best town to look for apartments ?

Thanks for your ideas. A nice beach would be great so I'll have a look. As there are 8 plus a baby we want somewhere nice enough to enjoy the villa plus the surrounding area.

lincolnshire
Level Contributor
129 posts
12 reviews
4. Re: Best town to look for apartments ?

Thanks for your ideas. A nice beach would be great so I'll have a look. As there are 8 plus a baby we want somewhere nice enough to enjoy the villa plus the surrounding area.

Korcula
Level Contributor
429 posts
5. Re: Best town to look for apartments ?

Hi,

Sandy beaches will be what you are looking for. What kids can like more than the sandy beach and make towers on it. Croatia has several sandy beaches along the cost. The one I know is Lumbarda on island Korcula.

Skip cities if you plan to travel in Croatia during hot summer.

Hope it helps

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Zadar
Level Contributor
1,770 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: Best town to look for apartments ?

Dragan, they were asking on the Zadar forum so maybe they want something close to Zadar. Even though Korcula is lovely it is a bit far from Zadar. If they really wanted a sandy beach they can have a look at Nin which is much closer to Zadar than Korcula.

Reply to: Best town to look for apartments ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Zadar
Recent Conversations