We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions of where to stay near Zadar ...

bedfordshire
Level Contributor
33 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions of where to stay near Zadar ...

Hi,

We will be arriving in Zadar next August for one week and are looking at the many options of where to stay. Would really appreciate some advice on what where would be a suitable place for us ...

We are a family of three (2 adults and one 16 year old). We are looking for somewhere to stay (probably self-catering - although haven't completely ruled out a hotel!) in a place that is near the sea with a pretty beach (pebbles OK) for swimming; has a nice town for walking around with interesting shops and restaurants (including good pizza!!).

We will be hiring a car so am happy to look at places are up to a 2 hour drive from Zadar. We have a plan to visit Plitvice Lakes one day whilst we are there as it sounds not to be missed (and if anyone could help with how I pronounce it, I would be grateful too)!

I have been looking through previous threads on the forum and have found the following suggestions so far:

Bibinje

Biograd na Moru

Nin

Would anyone be able to add to the list of suggestions and also say whether those three places would tick all my boxes? Also, how easy is it to get to the islands near Zadar - am happy to look at an island if transport across is OK.

Many thanks in advance - the advice given on these forums is invaluable!

9 replies to this topic
Sydney
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
17,382 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions of where to stay near Zadar ...

I think that Biograd ticks all the boxes.

Bibinje, while nice, is just a village.

S S
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
2,072 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions of where to stay near Zadar ...

I agree with Biograd. Lovely little town with wonderful beaches. Easy day trips from here to Plitvice (Plit-vit-seh), Krka & Kornati.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
61,049 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions of where to stay near Zadar ...

I think Biograd would be a good place to stay.

bedfordshire
Level Contributor
33 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions of where to stay near Zadar ...

Many thanks for all your votes for Biograd!

I have been searching for suitable accommodation but am struggling a little to find somewhere with a pool ... I know that the beaches are so lovely that they are preferable to a pool, but one of our party has a condition whereby some days we may not be able to venture very far from our accommodation and so to have a pool would mean that we could all still take a dip whilst not having to go too far!

Are there any other towns similar to Biograd that I could widen my search to? I would be happy to look anywhere within 1.5 or 2 hours of Zadar airport.

Thanks!

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Zadar
Level Contributor
1,713 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggestions of where to stay near Zadar ...

Not sure if something like this is exactly what you are looking for.

https://www.booking.com/hotel/hr/villa-triana.en-gb.html?aid=356987;label=gog235jc-hotel-hr-hr-villaNtriana-unspec-au-com-L%3Ahr-O%3AwindowsS7-B%3Achrome-N%3AXX-S%3Abo-U%3Ac-H%3As;sid=b25e4fa7b9b106826d2289d8fb26c2e0;dist=0;group_adults=2;lang=en-gb;sb_price_type=total;soz=1;type=total;lang_click=top;cdl=hr

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Zadar
Level Contributor
1,713 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Suggestions of where to stay near Zadar ...

Sorry, link didn't work you'll have to copy and paste it.

bedfordshire
Level Contributor
33 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Suggestions of where to stay near Zadar ...

Thanks for the link ... it looks beautiful but is nearly £2000 for a week and that's a bit out of my price range!

S S
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
2,072 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Suggestions of where to stay near Zadar ...

About 1hr 45 min away is Primosten. If you can find a good price on an apartment near the town then you wouldnt need a pool as the beach would be directly in front of you. Beachfront apartments Villa Sisa is an example of one (I havent stayed there but do a search on booking.com and look on the map view to see where it is, then look in that general area....anywhere along that long stretch of lovely beach would be nice) Accomodation right in the town is a short walk to the beach.

Also look into Vodice, lots to do and nice beaches. Your 16 year old would enjoy it, mine loves it there. Great pizza & bakeries. Lots of day trip options from here as well. Use booking.com you may be able to find somewhere with a pool.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Zadar
Level Contributor
1,713 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Suggestions of where to stay near Zadar ...

Here's another one. I'm not sure if it is in your price range but have a look anyway. I think it's half the price of the other one.

https://www.homeaway.co.uk/p6846862

Reply to: Suggestions of where to stay near Zadar ...
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted