We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The best of Croatia

5 posts
Save Topic
The best of Croatia

My girlfriend and I (and another couple) are flying into Zadar at the end of April. We are staying in Croatia for a week and have heard great things about the Plitvice National Park and the excursion to the blue caves near Hvar so wondered if we would be able to fit these in. I would like some advice on where is best to stay coming from Zadar or if anyone has any good itineries if staying in a few places would be necessary to see these things? We are 25 years of age and want to be near the sea and some nice restaurants mainly.

Thanks in advance, Matt

3 replies to this topic
Sydney
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
17,400 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The best of Croatia

I suggest you split your stay between Zadar and Split. You can easily do Plitvice, Krka NP and Paklenica NP from Zadar. There si rock climbing in Paklenica if that interests you.

You could then do day trips from Split. However, I am not sure when the tours to Blue Cave start and if they are running in late April. Hopefully somebody else can help wight that. Or maybe just google it.

Having a car would make all this much easier an more flexible.

5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: The best of Croatia

Thanks cromansydney. We did in fact hire a care and visit all places you recommended - we had a brilliant trip, thank you for your advice!

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
17,400 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The best of Croatia

You are welcome. I am glad you had a great trip.

Thanks for letting us know. It is always good to hear how other people's trips go.

Hope you come back.

Reply to: The best of Croatia
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted