We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prices for food and drink in Dubrovnik.

Which Dubrovnik hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Redcar
Level Contributor
167 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Prices for food and drink in Dubrovnik.

Hi, thinking of a self- catering holiday in Dubrovmik in September next year and would like any info on food and drink prices or would it be more advisable to take a half board deal in a hotel. Many thanks in advance.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,418 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prices for food and drink in Dubrovnik.

If you are thinking of cost, hotels charge per person. We rented an apartment for a week in April, and because we prefer our own cooking and schedule, felt we came out ahead. Feel free to send me a pm and I'll be happy to give further details.

California
Level Contributor
962 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prices for food and drink in Dubrovnik.

The food is not known to be great at many of the resort hotels in Dubrovnik, though I have never personally stayed in any of them. Given the variety of restaurants around town, I think you will have a better experience if you are free to choose your own. I don't know which would be more expensive. Here is a link to another post where I answered the question about the cost of food: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g295371-i1555-k368… These are just estimated prices, but I think they are fairly accurate.

Split, Croatia
Level Contributor
466 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Prices for food and drink in Dubrovnik.

For any destination in Croatia, I would recommend a self catering style holiday rather than a half board/full board offer. The markets in Croatian towns and cities are excellent and very reasonable, you'll find homegrown fruits and vegetables, cheeses, fish, meat, honey, etc in the small markets and the supermarkets are plentiful and are also very reasonable, you'll also find that local beers/wines are very cheap in the supermarkets. Try and make sure you rent an apartment with a decent cooking and eating area tho, sometimes the kitchens are just too small for more than breakfast. Eating out and drinking out in Dubrovnik is definitely one of the more expensive locations in Croatia but it is still not too bad if you stay off the main tourist drag.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
926 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Prices for food and drink in Dubrovnik.

Hi there

We actually found a good little restaurant just opposite the bus station in Dub not sure of the name. The location wasn't great but there were plenty of locals and tourists eating there. The large beers were only 15K

Dawn

5. Re: Prices for food and drink in Dubrovnik.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2011, 14:16
Get answers to your questions about Dubrovnik