We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat trip in Dubrovnik

andover
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Topic
Boat trip in Dubrovnik

I am visiting Dubrovnik in July with my husband. Are there any MUST do boat trips?

We also like water activities - kayak, paddle boarding - are there many places to do these activities?

We are staying at the Valamar Lacroma.

Thanks

4 replies to this topic
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
732 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boat trip in Dubrovnik

The three island trip is a lovely day out if the weather is nice..would highly recommend the sunset kayak out from Dubrovnik, round Lokrum, and back to Dubrovnik just as the sun is setting. Experience of a lifetime for me.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
732 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boat trip in Dubrovnik

Also, taking the boat to Cavtat and Lokrum are both lovely days out and very easy to do. This year we hope to try the ferry to Lopud if we can.

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Level Contributor
105 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boat trip in Dubrovnik

Hello!

The most popular boat trip is Trip to Elaphite Islands (Koločep, Lopud and Šipan).

These islands are car-free, so they are very peaceful and quiet.

On Lopud Island there is a beautiful and very popular sandy beach Šunj, the only sandy beach in Dubrovnik.

You can read more about Elaphite Islands here https:/…

There are many places where you can rent kayak. A lot of agencies do organised tours around Lokrum Island.

Enjoy your trip!

Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Boat trip in Dubrovnik

My husband and I went last July and a boat trip to the Elafiti Island is definitely a must. We hired a private boat, and it was only $300 UDS for the entire day. Our guide was amazing and also included beer and wine. I wish i could remember the name of the company! But I know there are many like this, and compared to United States prices for similar service, it can't be beat.

I would also recommend taking the public ferries to both Lokrum and Cavtat. We loved exploring the island of Lokrum, and Cavtat was an amazing place as well. We decided to go there on our last day and so glad we did!

Reply to: Boat trip in Dubrovnik
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Dubrovnik