We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Expensive?

west mids
Level Contributor
18 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Expensive?

How expensive is Dubrovnik/lapad?

We are staying in an apartment in lapad (lapad apartments).

Keep hearing it is really expensive our last holiday was Iceland where it’s £5 for a 2L bottle of pop £20 for an average burger and chips £10 at least for a bear or small wine!

Surely it’s not that expensive I presume! Can you buy bottles of spirits/wine in the supermarket?

What about taxi prices from Dubrovnik to lapad on an evening TIA

Best Seller
Dubrovnik Sea Kayak Tour
406 Reviews
from USD 32.90*
Best Seller
Montenegro Full-Day Trip from...
779 Reviews
from USD 58.54*
Best Seller
Game of Thrones Extended Tour
180 Reviews
from USD 58.60*
4 replies to this topic
Europe
Level Contributor
948 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Expensive?

In general i would say prices like in London.

When I was there 0.5 L bottle of water when you are taking a walk aroud town walls was 30kn ~£3.50

But if you are well organised and buy water before you go to the walls in the supermarket you can get the same bottle for 6.50 kn ~ £0.80

Parking is very expensive 40kn/h ~£5 per hour.

I paid meal in mexican restaurant 140kn ~£17 (burrito + chips + cola).

But if you are on a tight budget you can go to a supermarket and make yourself a sandwich ... supermarket prices are more or less the same as anywhere in Europe.

Europe
Level Contributor
948 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Expensive?

Spirit prices in the stores are (i think cheaper than in the UK) Jack Daniels 0.7 170kn ~£20

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
61,134 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Expensive?

I agree with going to the supermarket to get things to keep the prices down...in the Old Town it will be very expensive for most everything.....

Fermanagh
Level Contributor
269 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Expensive?

I'd say Dubrovnik prices are similar to UK prices (I don't mean London prices) for eating out, coffees etc. Lapad will be cheaper than Dubrovnik old town. There's a big supermarket between Lapad and old town. Stock up on your wine etc there - wine from supermarket is much cheaper than buying wine in supermarket in UK. Anything bought within the old town will be much more expensive than bought outside the walls. There are water fountains outside and inside the old town walls and the water from these is perfectly drinkable. For cheap snacks for a picnic, breakfast bureks etc the bakeries are great. Lapad is a lovely area away from the super busy old town and there's a lovely walk from Gruz harbour along the waterfront of Lapad. I think you'll find Lapad much cheaper for eating in the evenings than the old town too. There are frequent cheap buses between Lapad and old town running til at least midnight from what I recall. Enjoy!

Edited: 14 May 2018, 08:36
Reply to: Expensive?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted