We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Split - Hvar - Krka - Help

Suffolk, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
Split - Hvar - Krka - Help

Hello!

There are 2 of us flying in to Split but staying in Hvar. We want to visit Krka for the day and am assuming the best option is to do that fist as its the other side of Split - But we will have our luggage.

Are we best to hire a car as we will have our luggage? If not how do we get to Krka from the airport?

If we do hire a car is it worth taking it with us to Hvar? Again, if not how do we get to Hvar from Split airport.

Literally do not know the best option - help!

Thank you

6 replies to this topic
Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
43,511 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Split - Hvar - Krka - Help

I wouldn't take the car onto the island unless you are going to plan to use it out there to explore....from airport to Hvar,just take the shuttle bus awaiting all flights that will take you to Split....How many days do you have all together? Seems to me that if you land and head to Krka its just kind of a rush....but maybe that makes the most sense instead of coming back off the island to do it...

Suffolk, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Split - Hvar - Krka - Help

Thank you for your reply. We are only there for 4 days altogether. Mon - Thurs so 2 full days

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
43,511 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Split - Hvar - Krka - Help

What time does your flight arrive?

Suffolk, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Split - Hvar - Krka - Help

I need to check that info as its on my private email and I'm at work but it is definitely the morning at some point

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
43,511 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Split - Hvar - Krka - Help

Then how about renting a car for the day and take it to Krka and turn it back in....or if you want to explore the island then take the car out there after Krka...take the car ferry to Starigrad and enjoy driving the island.... it does cost quite a bit to take the car on the ferry but it will give you some freedom to explore...

Suffolk, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Split - Hvar - Krka - Help

I think renting a car just for the day would be a good idea! Thank you, probably wont take it to Hvar as once we are there we will both be drinking.

I appreciate your help, thanks

Reply to: Split - Hvar - Krka - Help
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Split