We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Konoba Pizzeria Pergola

Kassel, Germany
Level Contributor
8 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Konoba Pizzeria Pergola

Just as a note of caution for people traveling to Split. There is this Konoba or Pizzeria called Pergola close to Riva or Promenade, which is not listed on TripAdvisor. For a good reason too.

The food is the worst we've eaten in Croatia in the last 10 days or so we've been here. We were strolling along the Promenade when this young girl with a menu in hand convinced us about the restaurant and assured the 2 vegetarians in our party of 5 that they will have vegetarian stuff cooked for them even if its not on the menu.

Once there we ordered 2 Spaghetti with tomatoes and extra vegetables, 1 Spaghetti carbonara, 1 beef burger and 1 cevapcici. The veg Spaghettis were so terrible we sent it back after one bite. The Burger was tasteless, the buns being uneatable. The Spaghetti carbonara also had this terrible odor, we could only eat a very small part with great effort. The cevapcici was incredibly oily but eatable. Everything was extremely expensive.

When we asked to pay later on we were surprised to see veg Spaghettis oin the bill since we did not eat any of it. But they told us in Croatia once ordered one has to pay for the food and threatened to call the police. We asked them to go right ahead but they never did that. After arguing with them for 10 minutes and after our small children started crying we paid the check in full including for the food we sent back and walked away.

All in all a terrible experience and they're giving Split and Croatia a bad name. I suspect they might have changed their name after receiving bad reviews on TripAdvisor. Be a good idea to stick to Restaurants listed on TripAdvisor.

Likely To Sell Out
Small-Group Tour: 6 Islands and 3...
55 reviews
from USD 167.96*
Blue Lagoon and Trogir from Split by...
44 reviews
from USD 73.03*
Small Group Tour: Blue Cave and 5...
12 reviews
from USD 127.80*
Plitvice Lakes National Park...
31 reviews
from USD 91.28*
22 replies to this topic
Europe
Level Contributor
415 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Konoba Pizzeria Pergola

I would just walked away ... yeah they will call the police haha you can call Sanitary Inspection as you feel sick of their food. If you said that they would let you go withouth paying hahaha

Level Contributor
1,369 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Konoba Pizzeria Pergola

That is the risk you take when you eat out. Some diners will be satisfied and others will not. Bad luck for you.

You're from Germany, how can a konoba or pizzeria be "extremely expensive"? Get real.

Level Contributor
1,369 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Konoba Pizzeria Pergola

PS The restaurant is listed on TA, don't know why you lie about that.

Kassel, Germany
Level Contributor
8 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Konoba Pizzeria Pergola

Expensive compared to most other places we've been to in Croatia. Sure its a risk but any Restaurant worth it's salt won't charge you for food that was immediately sent back.

I did not find it on TA till yesterday, please send me a link if you did. Not sure why you would accuse some one of lying over that.

Edited: 06 August 2017, 16:22
Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
1,555 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Konoba Pizzeria Pergola

First, yes, you should walked away and threaten THEM with the police.

Second, will you people stop saying things like "giving bad name to Croatia" because of isolated incidents like this. These kind of things happen everywhere in the world including Croatia and no one can't do anything about it, but giving that particular venue a bad name.

Kassel, Germany
Level Contributor
8 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Konoba Pizzeria Pergola

Yeah you're right it can happen anywhere, definitely not specific to Croatia. We have otherwise had lots of good experiences ln our last 10 days or so in this country and my wife and I have posted about them too.

Split, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,720 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Konoba Pizzeria Pergola

This is a post for the restaurant section of TA, not for here

Level Contributor
1,369 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Konoba Pizzeria Pergola

Are you sure the "terrible odour" on the spaghetti wasn't actually parmesan cheese.

Are you even sure you got the name of the restaurant correct, and that's why you couldn't find it on TA.

The Netherlands
Level Contributor
414 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Konoba Pizzeria Pergola

Would love to know how the rest of your trip was and if you have any recommendations based on your trip.

Europe
Level Contributor
415 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Konoba Pizzeria Pergola

I really hoped that this will be one more story like that Pizzeria Kristian story.

I mean ... threatening with the police ... amateurs ... come on! Break some glasses!

Sorry i just had to write this :)

Reply to: Konoba Pizzeria Pergola
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted