We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Slit to Zadar then Zadar to Spli

Dundee
Level Contributor
69 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Slit to Zadar then Zadar to Spli

Hi there,

looking for some info re buses that go the shortest in time wise to zadar then back on different days obviously. I went to go book online but flixbus does not get good reviews. any suggestion? Also looking to catch Ferry/Catarman from Split to Hvar after a bus journey...should I buy tickets online and are they only for a specific ferry/catarman? If the bus was late and I had already bought a ticket online for ferry/catarman can I only catch that specific one or will they allow you on a later one?

Thanks in advance....

Jolly

4 replies to this topic
Split, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,726 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Slit to Zadar then Zadar to Spli

looking for some info re buses that go the shortest in time wise to zadar

--go to buscroaita.com or some other website that shows you local buses. It's way too long a bus ride. Car can do it in 90 minutes. So you may want to rent a cheap car and drive...very easy drive.

Also looking to catch Ferry/Catarman from Split to Hvar after a bus journey...should I buy tickets online and are they only for a specific ferry/catarman?

--just go online and put in Split in the From box and Hvar Town in the To box and the date and up comes all the catamarans. Ferries only go to Stari Grad on Hvar, but buses meet all ferries and for $5 you get to Hvar town in about 30 minuites. Foot passengers on ferries always get tickets. For catamarans, you need to buy in advance, period. During high season, not advisable to buy day of departure since it may be sold out.

If the bus was late and I had already bought a ticket online for ferry/catarman can I only catch that specific one or will they allow you on a later one?

--only for that one, but you can get a partial refund and apply it to the next one if you go to the ticket office inside the red ferry building.

Dundee
Level Contributor
69 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Slit to Zadar then Zadar to Spli

Thanks for the info but I don't drive, hence the reason for bus info... buying catamaran tickets shouldn't be an issue as didn't think September was high season...??

cheers jollydee

Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
3,578 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Slit to Zadar then Zadar to Spli

September is not high season, definitely...

Split, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,726 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Slit to Zadar then Zadar to Spli

September can be very booked.....and each year here hotels and apartments report increasing business....it is easy to book on line to avoid the disappointment of the boat being sold out.

Reply to: Slit to Zadar then Zadar to Spli
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Split